something wrong with my phone after GDR2/AMBER update

Status
Not open for further replies.

boney hazarika

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,
I am from India and my carrier is Vodafone.I purchased this phone of mine i.e. a lumia 920 back in march and i was very happy to have a phone like this,its got everything without any issues.Come 15 th of august I got a OTA notification for GDR2 /amber update,i did tht update but after that my phone gone mad,battery draining like crazy and the phone overheats in the top portion(which sounds alien to me before the update)....I have BATTERY APP which now shows a minimum 4%discharge in idle and goes upto 30% when using the phone,before the update it usually shows 0% in the morning and gave me a full day of phone ......now i am facing these problems not to mention heating up of the phone.My background task is limited to only for battery and insider,gps is off,brightness is low,glance screen limited to peek,double tap off,live screen gets live tile of only the apps which doesnot updated frequently.......and I soft rebooted couple of times with or without flight mode on,so can anybody help me

Cubeddd

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
Turn all background services off for minimum of a day to a week if you can. Pretty much use mobile network and WiFi alone, not glance or xbox etc Soft reset and see if its better. If it is, well you know what to do. If its not better, Hard reset.

crispy514

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
I had similar in the uk on the amber update but have since updated to a newer version of amber update 3049 rather than 3047, that has solved the problem and my battery life is now excellent.

Dylan O Brien

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
I had similar in the uk on the amber update but have since updated to a newer version of amber update 3049 rather than 3047, that has solved the problem and my battery life is now excellent.
How did you get a later update? How do you make sure you have the latest? It says my phone is up to date after I flashed the French ROM..

EDIT: Yeah, mine is 3047

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Uninstall the battery meter and turn on only a couple of background tasks. This looks more of an app getting stuck issue. Also check if your data/phone connection is good. Check if all accounts are syncing properly (including Gmail if you have one configured) and turn off Glance and double tap to wake.

boney hazarika

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Thanks a lot pankaj981������ uninstalled the battery app and the battery is doing great also very less heating......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb