Sometimes the surface 3 does not respond to touch even though the screen suggests it does. Why?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Hi. Been loving the surface 3. However sometimes the device does not trigger an event with windows even though visually the touchscreen is clearly giving an indication there has been event triggered! This can be a real nuisance particularly in regards to the show all programs side bar introduced in windows 10. Sometimes it simply does not respond to any gestures at all. I almost feel I'm digressing there as that is another problem in itself. To cut a long story short sometimes the surface 3 is not recognising simple touch commands even though it is registering them. Why?

6029KingStephen

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
I have the same thing on my Surface 3 with Windows 10. Touching a tile will make it animate/ fade but the program doesn't open. I've noticed similar behaviour in the keyboard word picker when typing too, and touching links in Edge. It's a bit annoying, but with everything else behaving ok I've tended to shrug it off as one of those things that'll eventually get fixed, most likely by a driver update at some point.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes