Soo my 920 is dev unlocked... Any apps worth sideloading??

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
So far I've only sideloaded microsofts youtube app which I ended up deleting anyway because mytube has way more features and doesn't lag.
Sigh.. What do you guys have sideloaded to your dev unlocked phone ?? I'm really bored.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I only know of one. The Youtube app Microsoft dropped before it was unceremoniously stolen from us by the evil empire aka google. Its available and was pretty dang good.

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
how to find that my phone is unlocked? and how to sideload any app?
i am not interested in loading much, just for curiosity.
i am using Lumia 720, with GDR3 loaded through developer preview.

hacer619

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
i was expecting some guidance or reply on this. plz guide me. i am unable to decide whether it's unlocked or not.

first you must have a developer account.
from WP8 SDK use windows phone registration to unlock your device.
after that you can use application deployment to load your apps to your phone

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
first you must have a developer account.
from WP8 SDK use windows phone registration to unlock your device.
after that you can use application deployment to load your apps to your phone
ok, that means i am one step closer to unlocking my phone, as i have already an account registered through which i updated to GDR3.
now, i am downloading the SDK.

one more querry remaining is, how many apps i can sideload?
i am interested in TimeMe and another ebook app (i had it on my NL800, which is no longer been published on store, but i do have xap file)

hacer619

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
ok, that means i am one step closer to unlocking my phone, as i have already an account registered through which i updated to GDR3.
now, i am downloading the SDK.

one more querry remaining is, how many apps i can sideload?
i am interested in TimeMe and another ebook app (i had it on my NL800, which is no longer been published on store, but i do have xap file)

I'm not sure if that account is eligible for unlocking your phone, but give it a try.

as for sideloading you can side load up to 10 apps on each device registered

as for the .xap files you have from the store, they will not work. all xaps downloaded from the store are encrypted, and thus are not eligible for sideloading via app deployment (considered piracy). However, you can depoloy xap files that are not encypted (e.g if you have the source code of an app you can deploy it on your phone).

carlosrdd

May 31, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys I have my 1020 dev unlocked but when I go to sideload I'm getting an error when trying to open the application development. Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs