sp3 no hdmi audio device - no hdmi sound.

Elvis7

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Hello all, ive run into an issue with my surface pro 3's hdmi audio.

back when it was running windows 8.1, I could plug in the Microsoft mini display port to hdmi adapter and receive video and sound through my various TV's.

however, since upgrading to windows 10, only video is received on the external display. ive even entered the dev preview builds and installed the anniversary update but that did not solve anything. uninstalling drivers did not work either.

here's the weird part ; although the video signal works, if I go under playback devices in sound, no hdmi audio device is there, even when check show hidden/disconnected devices. it's like the sp3 isn't detecting the display it's plugged into.

everything in device manager checks out, however, one out two high definition audio controllers, under system devices has a triangle exclamation mark, and says failed to start. uninstalling and etc does not change its status once it's reinstalled.

any help and ideas would be great.

- ive tried to install the intel software for everything but I keep being told my system does not meet the requirements...

unmorphed

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
Thank you so much!

I've had this issue for about a year and have had no luck finding an answer. I kept thinking it was an issue with crappy called bought on Amazon. I've spent at least $100 on cables & adapters, and searched for solutions online for hours.

Followed your link and the instructions and cleared up the issue. Awesome!

Thanks again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
haoopbillakas