SP3 Pen + WP

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else here would like to see a Windows Phone that supports the use of the SP3 Pen?

I do a lot of handwriting annotation in OneNote on my SP3. It's awesome that it shows up in OneNote on my phone, but I would also like to do the same on my phone (when I don't have the SP3 with me).

Anyone else think this would be a good feature?

Adam_ation

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
Sounds like a nice idea to me! I'm still yet to get onboard windows phone, i currently have the One M8, i really would like to get the windows version but I've had this one since release date. I figured i might aswell wait a few more months in the hope that the M9 comes out as a windows phone on release - Adam

link68759

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else here would like to see a Windows Phone that supports the use of the SP3 Pen?

I do a lot of handwriting annotation in OneNote on my SP3. It's awesome that it shows up in OneNote on my phone, but I would also like to do the same on my phone (when I don't have the SP3 with me).

With the Nokia phones that support super sensitivity, you can pick up a pen or similarly pointy device and write on the screen with it. Finally caught up with resistive screen tech :)

But the magnetic digitizer? I don't think that's going to happen. Maybe something might happen with the 3D touch patents Microsoft has, but that's not for another year.

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site

It sounds like a nice fantasy feature but it will never happen. If people think battery life is problematic with phones now, an active digitizer would take that to a whole new level. It also would add both thickness and weight which is the opposite direction of the market. As it stands, if you want to use a pen with a Nokia phone, try picking up a cheap capacitive stylus. The screen sensitivity might be enough to make that an option. Active stylus/digitizer though is just not practical. Of course even if it was possible, the technology is not cheap and you would be looking at a device that would legitimately cost more than an iPhone for lesser performance, greater heat transfer, and crippled battery life.

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
The problem with capacitive pens, is that the tip isn't fine enough. Especially on a small screen.

Didn't Samsung do this with their Galaxy Note S Pen?

Also, is there a way to do drawings in OneNote for WP?

xboxonthego3

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Hmmm. I don't know if I would like this or not. I believe I would find myself wanting more space to write on. And would probably go to my Surface. But I do like the idea of options. So I wouldn't say no to it. But I wouldn't need to have it. In reply to Guzzler3 I actually don't believe there is a way to draw for OneNote for WP. I remember trying and not having any luck finding out how.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05