'Speech to text' feature not working on W10M

FaisalST32

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
I recently upgraded my L730 to W10M Build 10586.107. Everything ran smooth for a few days until it didn't. All of a sudden I don't see the 'text to speech' button on my keyboard and I can't use the wordflow feature on my English US Keyboard also. I would also appreciate some tips on how to conserve batery life on this Build.

ejbrod1

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I cannot find this in build 14291.1001.

Goint to Settings>>Time & Language>>Speech... there is a default language: English(united Kingdom) and under Text-to-speech there is simply the option to change the voice.

Goint to Settings>>Time & Language>>Language...there is English(united Kingdom):
Phone Language:active
Regional format: active
Keyboard: English.
When hold tap on this profile there is a list 5 options:
Remove
Move up
Keyboard options (no speech related seeting inside)
Region Options
Speech options (which displays speech settings as above)

In WP8.1, it was possible to dial a number via a connected BT headset : tap the button on the headset and say: "call xxx" it would then dial said contact (even if the screen was off). The same with text. Tap the button on the headset and say: "text xxx", it was then possible to compose a text message and send - all via BT headset. Also when a text was received you would be prompted to either : "read it" or "ignore".

This feature is important to me as I spend a lot of time in the car :(

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I cannot find this in build 14291.1001.

Goint to Settings>>Time & Language>>Speech... there is a default language: English(united Kingdom) and under Text-to-speech there is simply the option to change the voice.

Goint to Settings>>Time & Language>>Language...there is English(united Kingdom):
Phone Language:active
Regional format: active
Keyboard: English.
When hold tap on this profile there is a list 5 options:
Remove
Move up
Keyboard options (no speech related seeting inside)
Region Options
Speech options (which displays speech settings as above)

In WP8.1, it was possible to dial a number via a connected BT headset : tap the button on the headset and say: "call xxx" it would then dial said contact (even if the screen was off). The same with text. Tap the button on the headset and say: "text xxx", it was then possible to compose a text message and send - all via BT headset. Also when a text was received you would be prompted to either : "read it" or "ignore".

This feature is important to me as I spend a lot of time in the car :(

DId you gor Cortana in you area?
For calling a number via voice you must enable her first, then she works with a long tap on search button.
Cortana opens in vocal listening mode, then you can say your command, and receive a response.

For enabling cortana, go to Cortana app, Notebook, Settings, Enable, then check others according your tastes

Same key function is replicated with a long press of earphone key if available, or bluetooth key

ejbrod1

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for your reply Maurizio.

Cortana is not available in my region.

It's crazy (and infuriating) the MS would remove functionality and replace it with a region specific app.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb