Star Trek LCARS L900 Wallpaper

idahoprime

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
**ATTN: SEE POSTS BELOW FOR UPDATED WALLPAPERS!!**

First, I know there's a wallpaper thread somewhere but this is a wallpaper customized for my L900, so i thought i'd put it here. This is for any other Trek nerds here that are obsessed with LCARS like me. I cant believe there isnt more WP7 stuff for LCARS, the design and colors are just begging for a theme. Anyway... here are 2 versions I made. I found it best to keep them simple, i made some more detailed ones and it just got messy with all the notifications etc. Also see sample shots from my White L900, with and without the cyan gelcase. I tried to match the colors to the windows theme colors as best i could. and I tried to arrange things as best i could so the wallpaper wouldnt interfere with the notifications and music player etc... hope someone else enjoys them too. Now if only we could get custom alert/sms sounds... Oh, and mods, please move thread if you feel the need...

PADD2.png

PADD3.png

IMG_20120506_124717.jpg

temporary.jpg

Last edited:

sting7k

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site

MAERSK

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site
I agree the retro colors and shapes of the LCARS are just begging to be applied to our modern devices. I really like flare from the arrow of the second one. Appreciate the careful positioning of the objects in the wallpaper as to not interfere with the overlay of the foreground. Badass & great job

jd914

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Love the wallpaper. Slick and minimal design, also like where everything is placed so it doesn't overlap with screen icons.

gahbmwm5

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
@idahoprime:

Thanks for the wallpaper link! LOL...as I see that you also posted your great looking wall there too...(and you should)

I see that you have posted a pic of it with a White L900! Very cool, as I'm on a borrowed PC (currently traveling)...this darn laptop does not have Photoshop...

I was wondering how the .png image would look with glossy white where the very cool Cyan colors are...Love the 2nd image with the dramatic arrow pointing up...plus you very carefully thought this one out...with positioning!

idahoprime

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
@gahbmwm5:

Heh, yeah i figured i might as well post it in the wallpaper thread since a lot of people there would probably never see it here. Yes, i do have the white 900, and i was worried about the white & cyan too, but i think it works pretty well, it might look more natural with my cyan gel case on it, but the white really does make it look futuristic i think. I couldnt tell from your post, did you want another picture of it with the glossy white? Or was my picture good. And thanks for noticing the placement of the graphics, it took quite a bit of time to get everything lined up. It would have been a heck of a lot easier if you could do screenshots on windows phones. I actually used my scanner and scanned my phone with a bunch of notifications on teh lock screen so i could get a good reference point. lol ridiculous.

I went through a BUNCH of versions before settling on this simpler one. I'll post one of the old versions here. In my head i thought it would look great but it was just WAY to messy and cluttered in my opinion. But, i guess you guys can try it if you want. maybe someone will actually like it, HA. here it is:

lcars1.png

gahbmwm5

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
@gahbmwm5:

Heh, yeah i figured i might as well post it in the wallpaper thread since a lot of people there would probably never see it here. Yes, i do have the white 900, and i was worried about the white & cyan too, but i think it works pretty well, it might look more natural with my cyan gel case on it, but the white really does make it look futuristic i think. I couldnt tell from your post, did you want another picture of it with the glossy white? Or was my picture good. And thanks for noticing the placement of the graphics, it took quite a bit of time to get everything lined up. It would have been a heck of a lot easier if you could do screenshots on windows phones. I actually used my scanner and scanned my phone with a bunch of notifications on teh lock screen so i could get a good reference point. lol ridiculous.

I went through a BUNCH of versions before settling on this simpler one. I'll post one of the old versions here. In my head i thought it would look great but it was just WAY to messy and cluttered in my opinion. But, i guess you guys can try it if you want. maybe someone will actually like it, HA. here it is:

Click to view quoted image

LOL...the last one is quite busy, but I will give it a go!

Was wondering how the 2nd .png in your first post would look....same exact image except where the Cyan color is...how the bar and arrow....changing with PhotoShop to Glossy White...?
If it not too much of a hassel...lol
Thanks man...as I older I get my conservative nature reflexs my tastes....the Glossy White color may not be as dramatic or striking as the Cyan color...?
**** I uploaded the first two .png to my Nokia Lumia 900 folder on MS SkyDrive...LOL
I like them so much...

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Great job OP! While I love myself some Star Trek, Portal 2 has a hold of my 900! This definitely is a MUST though for anyone who is a die-hard fan.

gahbmwm5

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Well, i think this is what you meant. I did this pretty quickly, im sure the white could be chosen better. it doesnt really match the phone exactly or the WP7 text either. Its so tricky to get the right color to look the right way. Anyway... hope its what you were talking about. Im sure you can adjust it yourself when you get to your computer.

EDIT - i got annoyed already with the white one above, here it is using a pure white, i think it looks better once its on the phone. But what do i know haha. if anyone else wants me to try other colors i will surely do my best.

Excellent idahoprime...man thanks for your efforts!

badMojo69

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Its people like you who should make Wall Paper Packs and sell a pack of 10 for .99 on the market. I buy it. Good job!

Now if WP would just make it possible to have a Live Lock Screen Wall Paper I'd be in heaven.

amorenod

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
FREAK ALERT

After your stunning wallpaper, the freak in me could not stop:

-Since my phone is a Optimus 7, I've modified the wallpaper slightly, erasing the Lumia 900 text
-My ringtone is now the TNG tune
-I've set quite a few starships pics as favorites. The Pictures tile is like a viewscreen now.
-Red alert sound for alarms

As an aside, my Me tile shows the Picard Facepalm, which has been my avatar for years.

END OF FREAK ALERT

idahoprime

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
FREAK ALERT

After your stunning wallpaper, the freak in me could not stop:

-Since my phone is a Optimus 7, I've modified the wallpaper slightly, erasing the Lumia 900 text
-My ringtone is now the TNG tune
-I've set quite a few starships pics as favorites. The Pictures tile is like a viewscreen now.
-Red alert sound for alarms

As an aside, my Me tile shows the Picard Facepalm, which has been my avatar for years.

END OF FREAK ALERT

Hahaha dude that's awesome. I never even thought about setting some tiles as starships. Brilliant. I have the TOS viewsceeen sounds set as my ringtone and I'm dying for the day we get custom alerts. Glad I inspired you though lol

idahoprime

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Its people like you who should make Wall Paper Packs and sell a pack of 10 for .99 on the market.

hey thanks a ton! I'm really not that great with Photoshop or id try to do some more for sure. But, being out in the sunlight today, I'm not happy with my choice of blue. I think tonight in going to make a wallpaper pack with the exact official wp7 theme colors. Wish me luck

idahoprime

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
OK, i think i have finally satisfied my insanity by making a few more versions with new colors and some tweaks. I pulled the exact color hex code for Cyan from Nokia's & AT&T's websites (they were different, go figure lol). From what I can tell, AT&T's Cyan matches my Cyan Gel Case the best. The other colors are from the Windows Phone theme colors which i found HERE. I hope they look OK on your guys' phones, im not the best with Photoshop, some of the edges arent as crisp as i'd like them to be but i don't think you can really tell once its on the phone. These are the color combos that made most sense to me, if anyone whats something else just let me know. And i went ahead and stuck with the Arrow design. It seems to make the most sense and everyone seems to like that one. Oh, and i added "ENGAGE" to the bottom of the arrow lol.

And, i must admit, i totally stole the arrows from here, in case you wanted to have just an arrow wallpaper.

I converted these to JPG's too since you guys were saying zune doesnt liek PNG's. Didnt seem to affect the quality. Enjoy:

AT&T CYAN
L900_LCARS_CYAN_ATT.jpg

NOKIA CYAN
L900_LCARS_CYAN_NOKIA.jpg

WP7 BLUE
L900_LCARS_BLUE_WP7.jpg

NOKIA BLUE
L900_LCARS_BLUE_NOKIA.jpg

WP7 TEAL
L900_LCARS_TEAL_WP7.jpg

WP7 MANGO
L900_LCARS_MANGO_WP7.jpg