Start screen loading 🔃 forever

TT_GENERAL

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
I just finished downloading updates from the store. Now my start screen won't show up. Seems to be loading forever. Please any way out?

Chirag Anand

Jan 24, 2015
Visit site
yeah! on my lumia 525 too. it happened 3-4 times before and its loading & resuming now. soft reset it but still it keeps loading. I don't want to hard reset my phone.

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I just finished downloading updates from the store. Now my start screen won't show up. Seems to be loading forever. Please any way out?

Takes some time, just leave it for a bit and it will suss itself out. Also try coming BACK to Start from another app (if you can get to one).

manicottiK

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
I have also found that, occasionally upon restarting the phone, it takes a fairly long time (3+ minutes) for the Start screen to show. I assume that it's a defect that they're working on finding and fixing.

Chirag Anand

Jan 24, 2015
Visit site
yes, i too have this loading start screen problem, that is very annoying. so,what i did is let the start screen with basic tiles with minimum operations. And thats lead to very shorter loading time( for me it was 10-15 minutes) but now it only takes 3-4 minutes.

And specially do not set fancy wallpapers and bright colors.

msxbox

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I have found another way if you want a temporary solution to sort the loading problem you need to press and hold the Cortana (search button) wait for the listening prompt and press the back button and repeat all this two or three times, this works every time so far, but when you reboot you will need to repeat this all over again.

1. press and hold the Cortana (search) button when the screen is blank or says loading...
2. wait for the listening prompt
3. press the back button until you get back to your loading/blank screen
4. repeat this two or three times in succession

Works every time for me. Good Luck

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whcrumb