Steam Holiday Sale 2014 is on!

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Witcher and Witcher 2 are on sale. $1.49 and $2.99. Been interested in this gaming series for awhile. Seems like a steal for that price! Maybe i'll get them done before the third one arrives..

Most def a steal at that price! Although I haven't been compelled to do another playthrough of the first game..it was still a fun experience. On the other hand, I thoroughly enjoyed the Witcher 2 and have done 3 playthroughs I think now. Hope you enjoy the series.

xboxonthego3

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
The Encore Sale is live!

Just bought Alien Isolation. Been wanting a survivor kind of game. And I love the Alien movies. So why not both? ha. Can't wait to play. I think i'll hold off on buying Bioshock series. I have plenty of games to play and finish... but it is so tempting for $10....

Most def a steal at that price! Although I haven't been compelled to do another playthrough of the first game..it was still a fun experience. On the other hand, I thoroughly enjoyed the Witcher 2 and have done 3 playthroughs I think now. Hope you enjoy the series.
I haven't progressed very far in the Witcher yet maybe 30 mins. But the controls were not quite what I was expecting. I'll put a few more hours into it before making a final judgement.

QwarkDreams

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Blew my limit and got 3 more games today (making it a total of 9 games + 1 seperate DLC)^^ Dragon Age: Origins (Ultimate Edition), Transistor and Guacamelee! Super Turbi Championship Edition.

I also managed to reach Level 2 (2 badges) with the Winter Holiday Cards which resulted in me reaching Level 12.

If you excuse me now, I have to drown in the vast amount of games I purchased :grin:

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I didn't have to worry about overspending during this sale, as there just isn't much worth buying. I grabbed Borderlands GotY (already had the second), Fallout 3 GotY, and Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition. I considered Age of Empires II HD, but I still have a lot to beat on Civ V, and I barely play it. The Doctor Who games didn't get cheap, and $6 was still too much for me to bite on Spec Ops: The Line, despite hearing it has a good story.

QwarkDreams

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
I didn't have to worry about overspending during this sale, as there just isn't much worth buying. I grabbed Borderlands GotY (already had the second), Fallout 3 GotY, and Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition. I considered Age of Empires II HD, but I still have a lot to beat on Civ V, and I barely play it. The Doctor Who games didn't get cheap, and $6 was still too much for me to bite on Spec Ops: The Line, despite hearing it has a good story.

I was very tempted to buy the Fallout games but yeah....motion sickness -_- (I know there's a 3rd person mode like in the Elder Scrolls games but I found them to be horrible to look at). Maybe next sale. But with so many games (including Skyrim) I would probably not be able to play the Fallout games until next Winter Sale^^ Can they be modded to the same extend as Skyrim?

Age of Empires II HD looks like it's not really worth if you already have the original game. It's said to have some issues in multiplayer and that it's not HD (just cranked up the resolution a bit, but not worthy of the "HD" in the title.

Personally, I'm not really into military-themed shooters but I've heard some great things about Spec-Ops: The Line. Baffles me how this game gets overshadowed by games that tell you to "Press X to pay Respects" -.- I really like games that make you uncomfortable and challenge/force you to make decisions against your morality because they want you to experience exactly that discomfort and think about it. Rather than killing off civilians on an airport just to make people talk about the game.

Edit: Just to list my purchases....

• Mass Effect 2 Digital Deluxe Edition
  • The Elder Scrolls V - Skyrim: Legendary Edition
  • Burnout Paradise Ultimate Box
  • X-Com: Enemy Unknown Complete Pack
  • The Bureau - X-Com Declassified (+all DLCs)
  • Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition
  • Deponia Trilogy
  • Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition
  • Transistor
  • Batman Arkham Origins - Cold, Cold Heart DLC

I really need to work on containing myself from buying something only because it's cheap^^

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos