Still feel passionate about helping Microsoft with the insider program?

anon(5969054)

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Personally I feel like being lied to a lot last years. Like I have been given wrong hope. It may partly be my own fault or naivety, but Microsoft steered me this way. As a fan I do not feel like they care about me at all. Why do I need to help them improving Windows? What do I get in return? Disappointment after disappointment? Did they listen to the feedback we gave them to improve Windows mobile? No they didn't. And now look where we are. Our feedback is useless unless they agree in it. That's how I feel.The effort we have all collectively put into this program is in my personal opinion not equally rewarded in relation to what we get in return. Microsoft should realize that 'taking' alone, can only be done for so long...

So the final question:

After all the news lately, do you still feel like putting your time and effort into improving Windows 10? Are you staying in the program? With the same passion? Will you be as active as before?

I think I'm done with it.

wcshane

Apr 11, 2016
Visit site
I'm just opted out yesterday. Don't really see the point anymore. Going to use my 950 without the bugs going forward and enjoy the time we have left together.

Demian Mioc

Jan 12, 2015
Visit site
Few years ago I was somewhat active as insider, both on PC and phone, at that time I had Lumia 630. What disappointed me is that all our feedback, before official Windows 10 mobile release gone to wind, our devices got unsupported on W10M despite tons of feedback. Sure there were serious bugs and crashes on those devices, like l520, 630 etc, but I was thinking that MSFT as a software company would iron them, but no. Then I got Lumia 535 as a gift, and oh boy, W10M here I come, but, same story all over again. Then I got Lumia 950XL brand new, really cheap, and after few Insider builds, I've realized MSFT simply does not implement Insider feedback on mobile since Insider program started, some bugs stayed for like year or so till got fixed, and which saddens me, some really obvious ones (like Skype crashes camera, All apps dark overlay, and one really old: when Start background set to none, there is no accent color in the background, there is ugly gray, bug which is 2 years old!, or a feature, I don't know). Also there was that OneDrive fiasco and other missteps from MSFT. So, year ago I've decided to leave Insider preview both on PC and Phone, tired of living with bugs and workarounds, appcrashes etc, and enjoyed relatively stable official release. I've also stopped being MSFT helper or evangelist, I've stopped helping people with various bugs and defects on their devices, both WP or PC, and many of them went all in with Apple and few of them went to Android and Linux distros. I'm not recommending anything Microsoft, as that saying goes, fool me once, shame on you, fool me dozen times, shame on me :) Maybe one day MSFT would realize that consumers also matter, but what is done is done, and for the future we'll see.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon