Still no sound in video recording [Lumia 930 | Win10 Mobile TP | 10586.36]

lyndonjohn

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
When I was using windows 8.1 on my 930, the video recording was awesome, due to its 4 mics that produces surround sound I think.

But when I updated my 930 to the latest build of windows 10 mobile technical preview which is 10586.36, updated all my apps in the store. I tested the mic for video recording and voice recorder but no sound was recorded. I hard reset the phone, updated again the all the apps in the store, test video recording and voice recording and still negative for sound.

I know, I am not alone here. Has anyone of you found a workaround on that issue? Or we'll just have to wait for the next update.

By the way, I can still make calls and my audio to the other line was good.

emmeborn

Elite x3 & Lumia 950XL Champion
May 27, 2013
Visit site
I tried voice recording on a previous build of Win 10 on my 930 and then exported it to my PC. Then opened it in AVS audio editor and found that it was recorded but at an extremely low volume. But I can not find any way to control the mic volume on the 930.

So I have the same problem, but have not found any solution yet.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I tried voice recording on a previous build of Win 10 on my 930 and then exported it to my PC. Then opened it in AVS audio editor and found that it was recorded but at an extremely low volume. But I can not find any way to control the mic volume on the 930.

So I have the same problem, but have not found any solution yet.

App iussue, send feedbacks by camera feedback

deepak12345

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Its because you are having Lumia 930 with mic issue. If you downgrade to windows 8.1 and record audio and check details in pc your phone might be recording in mono. Right now the camera app in windows 10 only records in mono and the mic used is the mic that is damaged in most of the 930's. Maybe they'll fix it Soon by adding surround recording.

emmeborn

Elite x3 & Lumia 950XL Champion
May 27, 2013
Visit site
Its because you are having Lumia 930 with mic issue. If you downgrade to windows 8.1 and record audio and check details in pc your phone might be recording in mono. Right now the camera app in windows 10 only records in mono and the mic used is the mic that is damaged in most of the 930's. Maybe they'll fix it Soon by adding surround recording.

I have no mic issue got mine exchanged for that when on 8.1. And you are right about that the recording is in mono in Win 10, noticed that on the recording while checking it on the PC. Will send feedback about the camera app. Thanks for the reply.

Christian Holzer

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
It's still broken and this is getting ridiculous as this issue exists since the very first W10 mobile build.
I keep reverting back to WP8.1 because of that bug. :-/

See the posts from John W [MSFT] in this topic.
W10 mobile mixes the 4 mics of the Lumia 930 wrong. If you scream into the mic very loud (or record something that is very loud) then you can actually hear that it gets recorded.
But it appears that the microphone(s) responsible for noise cancellation is used as primary audio source on W10 mobile - which is wrong.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...f4443b19ff4?page=2&tm=1455089499827#LastReply

s1lver6ray

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
Greetings to all, actually I just signed up here just for those who having problem with they beloved LUMIA 930 upgraded into windows 10. Many says to me, go back to Windows 8.1 Lumia Denim OS but I love windows 10 more than windows 8.1 so I find out that resetting your phone will fix the AUDIO problem of video recording and sound recording. As consequence, all my data was erased but it fixes my problem with my device. I pray that this will work to all.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb