Stop the hype!

misterff1

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
Good lordly loo, people! What on earth are we even doing here? What's happening here is that we are getting hyped for something that might not even be in the making! You know what that does once you find out it's not going to happen? People will start raging and be mad at ms for something they never confirmed!

How dare I say it might not be in the making? Did MS at ANY point confirm they did? No! Sure, they mentioned a vague thing here and there, but the media is solely responsible for this hype. You know it's true..

Seriously if anyone starts being mad at ms if this never happens, you're a big *****. Now stop the hype!

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The next Windows Mobile device is in the making, it's being developed in Redmond.

We don't know what the name will be. We don't know what the specs will be. But it's happening.

misterff1

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
And that mobile device will be a phone as we know it? Facts on that particular thing please.

Edit: I'm not saying they are n?t making it btw, it's just not exactly confirmed, yet hyped as if its a certainty

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I've told you what I know. I have a friend in the Mobile Devices Group in Finland who's told me the next device is being developed in Redmond.

With new devices, there is always going to be discussion and conjecture regarding features/availability. As usual, we don't know anything in specific until it's been officially announced, but that won't stop people talking.

misterff1

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
With all due respect, but your friend is not an official source of information. Sure he might be right, but it's not a valid source. That said I agree that it won't stop people from talking, but they should. Now people might get pissed over nothing at all at ms while they're not to blame

Gungzwei

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
No.
It's called "& Rumored" for a reason. No harm in speculating and having fun with what might be. All part of being a fan.

ArtificiallyYours

Jul 12, 2015
Visit site
Does the OP even understand that new hardware, IE the NEXT RELEVANT FLAGSHIP is being designed and tested sometimes less than a month after the current flagship is released? This goes for Samsung, Apple, HTC, and it sure did with Nokia after they released the Lumia 1020.

Stop posting in the Rumors and Speculation if it bothers you so much.

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I think the only things I have not seen hype about by enthusiasts are cooking utensils. Though I am not a cooking enthusiast so who knows. With tech and transportation there is ALWAYS going to be hype about the "next" generation.

sst154

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
Hi Pete, do you know what is people employed in that division in Espoo doing now?
As it is rumored that no new Lumias will see the light, came to my mind the doubt if at least those people will keep their jobs or be the target of future/soon layoffs..

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hi Pete, do you know what is people employed in that division in Espoo doing now?
As it is rumored that no new Lumias will see the light, came to my mind the doubt if at least those people will keep their jobs or be the target of future/soon layoffs..

Support, documentation, testing of future updates for current Lumia phones. We don't know what the future holds for the guys in Espoo, but redundancy can often be a driver for positive change.

An interesting little article here - Nokia: Life after the fall of a mobile phone giant - BBC News

The loss of Nokia's phone arm left a void, but it'll be filled.

Gunbust3r

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
It's going to be just another arm powered handset. Maybe it will get a kickstand.

Nothing short of cramming a Core M chip in it for the X86 Surface Phone dream will give the performance uses would expect for a flagship and the power envelope is just not workable.

badMojo69

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
If the only thing Microsoft can bring to the table is better hardware then the SP is DOA. Sure people will buy it, but if memory serves it really geared for the enterprise (we'll just have to see how that works)...black berry...cough cough.

I love WP, but at this point it's pretty much on Life Support and just waiting to have the plug pulled.

I still have a 920 and just bought a 650...:winktongue:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077