Streaming music from IE Browser

nasellok

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I have like 30gigs of music uploaded to google music manager, and stream through the browser on my surface, I also stream Pandora through the browser - does anyone know if there is a way to keep the music playing in the background? I can only keep it playing if I keep the browser open in the split screen view.

luv2skipow

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried over a Bluetooth speaker? I Notice that when I have my headphones plugged in the music stops unless I change the power settings. When I use a Bluetooth speaker the music keeps playing even when the Surface screen dims or sleeps.

nasellok

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
OK - so it works from desktop browser, but if i turn off the screen, it doesnt keep playing. There has to be an option for this - and if not, MS should make it an option. You should be able to force an application to run while tablet is sleeping, similar to the way you would a phone - ie.. if i want to listen to music, i dont have to keep the screen active.

Tronberry

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm trying to stream music from Grooveshark.com, and it turns off when the screen goes black or when the power button is pressed at the top. Anyone know of a work around? And does Microsoft know about this limitation?

I tried the html5.groovershark.com websit, which with my Lumia 920 will play while the phone is in sleep mode, but that doesn't seem to be the case with the Surface RT.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EdgiHudi