Streaming to XBOX one

MagicFerret

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
Hi All,
I wonder if someone may be able to help me. I am trying to stream videos to my Xbox one from windows 8.1. It used to work fine but suddenly stopped. I have reset all my equipment and checked my preferences on the Xbox that allows streaming. I am using windows 8.1 which see the Xbox as i have the option to 'Play to' Xbox one. All i get is a message saying 'Connecting' on my Xbox and the PC says 'Contacting network device' It just gets stuck and doesn't proceed. I even waited for 10 minutes and still the same message. Has anyone else experienced this issue and knows of a way round it? i appreciate any help. Thanks in advance

PxuLL

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Not sure about this error try posting this on the xbox.com forums? Or even contact live chat online? They could possibly help you on the spot.

paulsalter

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Try opening the xbox video app first on the one and then try streaming to it

If it still fails
turn xbox one off
open device manager on the pc and look under software devices, delete xbox from here (you might need to go to the view option and select show hidden devices, offline devices are hidden by default)
turn xbox back on and windows should detect and re add it (if it doesn't see it, go to file explorer and click access media at the top, should do a search and re add xbox)
try again

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb