Super Calendar

gerzhwin

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
My new lock screen and live tile settings in action =)

gerzhwin-albums129-56486.jpg

gerzhwin-albums129-56484.jpg

Last edited:

gerzhwin

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately:
a) the appointment blocks on the lock screen spread vertically after background update
b) the lime accent colour only stays until the first tile update, then turns to white

skugg

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
I've just updated the app to the latest version and it got everything messed up. Before that, I wad happy using the exchange calendar and I could edit all my appointments inside the app, but for some reason, the update changed all of that.
Now, below my hotmail and google calendars, I see 3 other completely random ones with weird number tags, that I didn't even create myself (at least definitely not intentionally).
Anyway, can anyone tell me how to setup the app again, what options to use to be able to have all my appointments in the same calendar and to be able to create/edit them within the app?
Thanks in advance

Oh btw, for some reason, the appointments I've created in the standard windows phone calendar app (this issue forced me back to it) show up on the old home page, but not on the new one. Any idea on what could cause this?

gerzhwin

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Lock screen layout spreading and displaying of appointment's notes are fixed with latest update.

Thanks!

EDIT: Just thought so ... back to to spreaded state after lock screen update.

Last edited:

genuine555

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
After you mentioned it, I checked.. allocated space was 380MB, after reinstall it was 35, but I expect it to grow again. Lumia 920 device

Hi, that is because SC syncs all calendar data (I think upto 12 months or more in the past).

Some other cal apps do have an option to configure the amount of months to sync, and have the option to set it to 3 months for instance.
That greatly reduces the amount of data stored on your phone.

Imo the dev. should try to implement that option, for it would greatly reduce data growth, AND make the app sync faster and more effeciently.

None the less, dev. is doing an amazing job with this app. It is one of very few apps I actually bought :smile:

Ari69

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Can anyone tell me if I'm able to choose which calendar to create an appointment. In hotmail, I have a personal calendar as well as family one. Earlier version of this app would not let me choose and only added it to personal. If this option is available, I would have no issues paying the $5 for this app.

genuine555

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
Can anyone tell me if I'm able to choose which calendar to create an appointment. In hotmail, I have a personal calendar as well as family one. Earlier version of this app would not let me choose and only added it to personal. If this option is available, I would have no issues paying the $5 for this app.

If you mean an option to turn on or off calendars...yes it can do that. On my device in SC, I only have outlook calendar turned on, so appointments are created there. I have birthday calendar and holidays calendar aswel in outlook, and can turn them on or off aswel. Normally all other calendars in outlook can be switched on/off same manner in the app...I guess.

Ari69

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I appreciate the response. It's not really an option to turn off calendars but the option to select which calendar I want to put the new appointment in. The previouse version of Super Calendar would not allow this feature. When I create a new appointment, it would only put it on my personal hotmail calendar. But the problem is I have multiple hotmaill calendars (Personal, Family, Birthdays). I need the option to select which calendar I want that appointment to go to when it is initially setup. I would have to go into my mail account via the mail app, select the appointment, then change the entry from personal to family. The calendar app I currently use (Chronos) has this feature but I really like the calendar display layouts in this app though. This is the only thing keeping me from purchasing this app.

texas tk

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Calendar colors on the live tile...I can't get them to behave.
I have two google calendars and one work calendar that uses google.
On the day/week/month view the colors are set for the three accounts:
Work - Orange
Personal 1 - blue
Personal 2 - Red

On the live tile, however, I get
Personal 1 - Orange
Personal 2 - Orange
Work - Dark Red

Any ideas on why this is happening, and how to fix it?

T

texas tk

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Are the same colours selected in both old (top bar : first left top tile) and new (settings : more app settings) home page's settings menus?

Let me see if I can explain this better...typed to fast the first time.
In the Settings/Calendars I have
Personal google 1 - Red
Personal google 2 - Blue
Work google - Yellow
These colors display correctly in the month and year view, but not day or week.

In New Calendar view (day, week, etc) the colors are
Personal google 1 - Red
Personal google 2 - Red
Work google - Yellow

The colors that display in the calendar are what display in the Live Tile as well...

So, the issue is that the second personal google calendar is set to be blue, but displays as red like the first personal google.

I think there is a bug in the tile, day, and week views...because month and year show the colors correctly.

It's really frustrating because I use my calendars more than anything else on the phone...and I use color for quick looks....

pdedinski

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi, that is because SC syncs all calendar data (I think upto 12 months or more in the past).

I agree.. it is a really useful app..
However, about what you mentioned... When I reinstall the app, after it syncs the calendar data (at least I may view my agenda for a few months ahead), the used storage space in total is close to 40MB.. In a couple of weeks time, during which I get something like 40 new events, it grows to over a hundred megabytes (and keeps growing), which clearly is not right.

In the last update the dev mentioned something about a cache clearing to free up space, but so far no change for this has occured...
No matter if it syncs up to a twelve months, size like 400 megabytes seems a bit much for a calendar cache.

Also there are a few new bugs I noticed
- In the new version there is an option to view the old calendar style... However in the old style I did not find an option to switch back to the new one other than reinstalling the app. Also the new views are not applied to the old page style, but I can live with that.
- When in the new week view (Style 4) when I open details of the appiontment when I scroll the details page, the week view underneath scrolls as well, switching to next or previous week, depending on the scrolling direction.
- (this one is not really a bug) The new appointment details does not contain any information about people participating in a certain event, lacking the previously convenient shortcuts to send mail or message to any of them. In my opinion the new appointment detail style is a step backwards from the functionality. If possible please provide an option to use the new view styles, but the old appointment details view. It was really convenient and infomative rather than this "sticky note" style.

genuine555

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
I agree.. it is a really useful app..
However, about what you mentioned... When I reinstall the app, after it syncs the calendar data (at least I may view my agenda for a few months ahead), the used storage space in total is close to 40MB.. In a couple of weeks time, during which I get something like 40 new events, it grows to over a hundred megabytes (and keeps growing), which clearly is not right.

In the last update the dev mentioned something about a cache clearing to free up space, but so far no change for this has occured...
No matter if it syncs up to a twelve months, size like 400 megabytes seems a bit much for a calendar cache.

Also there are a few new bugs I noticed
- In the new version there is an option to view the old calendar style... However in the old style I did not find an option to switch back to the new one other than reinstalling the app. Also the new views are not applied to the old page style, but I can live with that.
- When in the new week view (Style 4) when I open details of the appiontment when I scroll the details page, the week view underneath scrolls as well, switching to next or previous week, depending on the scrolling direction.
- (this one is not really a bug) The new appointment details does not contain any information about people participating in a certain event, lacking the previously convenient shortcuts to send mail or message to any of them. In my opinion the new appointment detail style is a step backwards from the functionality. If possible please provide an option to use the new view styles, but the old appointment details view. It was really convenient and infomative rather than this "sticky note" style.

The developer of SC is most qualified to answer these off course.

-> when in old view, press the three dots at the bottom right and scroll to the last option. It should say "new home page". If you press that you will revert back to the new UI style.
Those views are part of the new UI-style. It was mostly the purpose of implementing a "new" UI-style, so it is normal they aren't present in the old UI-style.

-> I have the same thing. Could be a minor bug, but doesn't seem to be a real issue for usage. Slightly bothersome.

-> This is def. one for the dev., but when you press an appointment now at the bottom there are several icons...press the exclamation mark, and you will find what I suspect is what you are looking for regarding attendees and such...

gerzhwin

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Let me see if I can explain this better...typed to fast the first time.
In the Settings/Calendars I have
Personal google 1 - Red
Personal google 2 - Blue
Work google - Yellow
These colors display correctly in the month and year view, but not day or week.

In New Calendar view (day, week, etc) the colors are
Personal google 1 - Red
Personal google 2 - Red
Work google - Yellow

The colors that display in the calendar are what display in the Live Tile as well...

So, the issue is that the second personal google calendar is set to be blue, but displays as red like the first personal google.

I think there is a bug in the tile, day, and week views...because month and year show the colors correctly.

It's really frustrating because I use my calendars more than anything else on the phone...and I use color for quick looks....

SRY for the late reply: Is "Color" set to on unter Settings > Font? Also in Settings > More App Settings > Event List?

pdedinski

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
The issue with the cache size is still there. This is last night just before reinstalling the app again. Super calendar's data size is a few time bigger than the browser or facebook app and so far is the largest app (data included) on my Lumia 920. This is not really normal as space is constantly growing up.
If nothing can be done for maintaining a relatively constant cache size, a button for clearing calendar data within the app would be a very welcome improvement. Reinstalling the app and configuring all the settings and accounts is really bothersome. To be honest this is the only issue preventing me from giving a 5 star to this superb otherwise application.

wp_screenshot.jpg

pdedinski

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
This app hasn't seen updates in a few months now. And it all looks like abandoned. Meanwhile I have upgradeto to Windows Phone 8.1 which has in-fact a useful built-in week view in its calendar and combined with the Awesome Lock app to provide suitable lockscreen information it gives me all I need, so I have uninstalled Super Calendar.

texas tk

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I am running the Preview version of WP, but still prefer Super Calendar to the builtin.
All of my problems disappeared when I deleted my google account and recreated in a different way...can't remember now what I did...but it fixed everything. I now have personal google, daughter google, and work google accounts on here, all the correct colors.
I am running it on a 920 via ATT...so who knows when I will see the real 8.1...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flynempire