Surface desktop called Surface Station

Ansic

Nov 26, 2014
Visit site
Dear Community

We are getting new and amazing Surface devices (Pro, Hub, Book) but it seems like there is something missing from the line up and should be addressed quickly - a desktop, or rather All-in-One device - The Surface Station. Think about it - supersized (20-30") metal surface design, with the same kickstand (or slightly modified) that can sit on your desk and replace your iMac.
Suggestions? Ideas? Thoughts?
How do we make it real?

See my impression of the aforementioned system below:
surfacestation.jpg

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
Mm, Microsoft is a mobile-first, software-first company who realizes desktops are quickly fading out of popularity. Everyone wants to be mobile and productive at the same time and it's mostly about:
Productivity
Portability
Performance
A Surface "Station" doesn't fit this. Microsoft wants only a few first-party devices and this would just be another list. Additionally, people who really need a high-end PC want to build their own (usually) and often are hardcore gamers which would not be the target of this product. It would probably be extremely expensive as well, and I don't think it would sell too much. Microsoft is good with what they have.
Surface (tablet/sometimes laptop hybrid)
Surface Pro (tablet/laptop hybrid)
Surface Book (laptop/tablet hybrid)
Then they have the Dock to transform your Surface into your Surface "Station."

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
To me, the whole point of Surface is to MERGE different tech segments into one.... Laptop with tablet and Tablet with Laptop. O I don't see them ever creating a Surface for the distinct segment of Desktop, when consumers can just max out an S-Book or S-Pro 4 and connect it to a Monitor...

Just my honest opinion

920Walker

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Neat idea, but the engineer in me prefers a device that will sit in one location to be made from minimal, cheap, renewable materials but still with a nice and durable design aesthetic. No need for bomb proof portable construction.

I like it though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs