Surface Devices...totally worth it

anon(5327127)

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Over the years, we've had a LOT of Surface Devices. Heck, we've even a couple of the First Surface Pros still k nocking around (one for the wireless controller).

We've had a couple of issues, but that's to be expected. One machine had its wireless vanish (SP3), and one Surface Book constantly moans about being ejected.

Now, when compared to other oems, they're not bad at all. We ordered 5 Dell 5285 and 4 experienced lower screen issues, with the last just being a bit odd. There will always be horror stories.

Typing this from a Pro 7+

P.s. We've only ever changed one power supply. The docks, on the other hand, can be quite fragile (the cables) and often cause me annoyance. Pull the power, plug back in.

wolfpack219

Dec 11, 2015
Visit site
Surface devices have made it very difficult to purchase other portable devices for me. I'm using a Surface Go 8gb/128SSD model and I love it. I've looked at the HP 2 in 1's, but folding a key board behind the screen just seems cheap when compared to the Surface design. I've gotten so used to not having a keyboard until it's beneficial for me, having one affixed permanently is not happening for me. I know the Go isn't a power house machine but it does absolutely everything I do and more that I don't.

anon(5327127)

May 25, 2011
Visit site
True that.

I'm currently using a Surface pro 7+ and it's a damn fantastic machine. Replaced the 128Gb m.2 with a 1tb drive donated from a CalDigit Tuff Nano. Couldn't be happier.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss