Surface GIVEAWAY contestants gather here

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustinSalvato

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
My wife is always complaining about the hand-me-down laptops I give her. The Surface Laptop would put my Surface Pro 3 to shame (only has an I3 processor) and she'd would, for once, stop complaining...

NoFlames2

Mar 30, 2015
Visit site
I think the Surface Laptop plugs a gap that the Surface line has had. Some have criticized the fact that it doesn't really break new ground like other Surfaces, but I think this is necessary for completeness and let's face it, many people want the battery life and clamshell design which keeps them away from the Surface Pro.

LennH

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
I really need a new laptop, my Surface Pro 1 is beginning to see it's last days. Just over 4 years of use has taken it's toll. Good luck everyone!

Kiba85

May 28, 2014
Visit site
I'm a mechanical engineering student approaching graduation and I'm forced to use a very old laptop to study when I'm not home. A Surface Laptop would be an awesome present for my graduation!

Chris Knopff

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
Been reading up these weeks passed and am not certain if this comes with Windows 10 S that I would keep it. After the recent revelation of not allowing the Linux distro's that will be coming to the Windows Store and the restriction of shell/cmd/bash will not allow the Store distro's to work. At least currently. I'd probably use it up until the point I want that, which wouldn't last very long for myself.

ahmetaksoy1985

Aug 13, 2016
Visit site
Good luck everybody. I like surface laptop design. Specs are good. But i need device with eGPU. I hope in the future they will add eGPU capabilty device. Surface Book can be detachable but needs better hinge. Surface Laptop looks very good but can't detachable. Now they seperate Surface Laptop and Surface Book. But in the near future they must make better Surface Book which is really ultimate laptop like they said. They have to use better hinge solutions. I think they released Surface Laptop for now because they couldn't improve Surface Book's hinge.

Gurucodeine

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
I love Microsoft surface devices...but the major ish is just that they aren't easily serviceable...every part is locked on tight ..like it was force fitted with pre heating and expansion technique...u try to open one part and then u end up damaging another

MizWylie

Oct 20, 2016
Visit site
I'm really itching on getting a spin on Windows S. Windows RT was just meh for me which is why I upgraded almost immediately to a Surface Pro. I'm hoping that Windows S is as splendid as Microsoft is putting it out to be. I think it targets a larger audience that were kind of put out in the cold with Windows RT.

Once again, my fingers are crossed.

kaktus1389

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
I think they released Surface Laptop for now because they couldn't improve Surface Book's hinge.
First of all, good luck to you too!
Second of all, I don't think that the hinge is the reason why they released Surface Laptop - the new hinge that is likely going to be used on Surface Book 2 leaked a long time ago so I think it's just a matter of time when the Surface Team is going to be ready to release it.

As I repeated several times, they made Surface Laptop because there was demand for a traditional laptop device and they could also use it for promoting Windows 10 S.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria