Surface Pro 3 Problems after 15063.447 Update (Serious Issues)

TJ1616

Aug 24, 2016
Visit site
Hey all,

I installed the latest non-insider cumulative update on my Surface Pro 3 yesterday (Build: June 27, 2017—KB4022716 (OS Build 15063.447))

After the update I'm experiencing some crippling problems...

I leave my machine docked on my desk in the Surface dock, with a second display hooked up to the display port output. I use a Surface keyboard with the fingerprint sensor, and the newest Surface Arc mouse.

I use Skype for Business as my desk phone, so I don't have the machine sleep or hibernate when I lock it -- I simply have the screen lock and display turn off when it's locked.

Since yesterday, these two things are happening:

1) Whenever the display powers down (which happens a few minutes after locking the device), I can't get back to the homescreen. The screen is black, and the mouse pointer is on the screen flickering, but the display is not showing my screen... I know it's there, because if i enter my password and hit enter i get a brief flash of the screen, but then it just returns to a black screen with a mouse pointer that is flickering... I've had to start manually soft resetting the machine EVERY time...

2) The device has started randomly rebooting... This happened in the middle of a work call this morning.

I reviewed my power and lock screen settings and nothing appears off. I uninstalled the update but it did not fix the problem, so I reinstalled the update.

Any ideas?

Thank you

GoBucksIL

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site
The issue you describe in #1 has been a problem for me too. I did just about everything I could think of but could not get it to stop with any consistency.

I go back and forth between docks with multiple monitors and have had sporadic issues with various builds. I have an original surface dock at home and the newer surface dock at work. Sometimes undocking and re-docking would fix the issue.

However, I ended up going into Mobility Center (Right-click Star Menu) and turned on Presentation Settings to keep things "always on". This has been a pretty solid workaround for me.

TJ1616

Aug 24, 2016
Visit site
Just a quick update -- Today's update (July 11, 2017—KB4025342 (OS Build 15063.483)) seems to have resolved the problems mentioned above.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes