Surface Pro X...what an awesome machine

naddy6969

Aug 8, 2017
Visit site
No loss here. As I said, I bought an iPad Pro.

If recompiling is so easy, why isn’t EVERYTHING native ARM by now? What is the point of WOA if everything is emulated?

If you think that there is “no difference” between native code and emulated code, then you are drunk on the Microsoft kool aid. Everything will be much faster and battery life will be WAY better without running everything in emulation.

Dunt Dunt Dunt

Jun 9, 2016
Visit site
No loss here. As I said, I bought an iPad Pro.

If recompiling is so easy, why isn’t EVERYTHING native ARM by now? What is the point of WOA if everything is emulated?

If you think that there is “no difference” between native code and emulated code, then you are drunk on the Microsoft kool aid. Everything will be much faster and battery life will be WAY better without running everything in emulation.

I don't get what the issues is at this point.... we have been hearing about Windows on ARM for half a decade.

Friend got one and let me use it... runs fine if all you want are basic windows apps. But four programs I tried to install... didn't work right.

I use a Surface Pro for the Apps my iPad can't run.... to buy a Surface that won't run those apps, and doesn't have much of an App Store of it's own. I'll have to wait a while for them to work out the issues.

So Surface Pro 8... is what I'll be getting when it comes out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett