Surface Shipping Details (UK)

Loz Blake

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
lost for words.

So I rang up this morning, explaining my situation, that I have received a shipping email, and have an tracking number which UPS have on their system, however they're saying they've only created a label, they've not received anything or had pick up arranged by MS.

The guy I phone couldn't believe this and insisted it was being delivered by FedEx, despite me constantly telling him it wasn't. I asked repeatedly to speak to someone of authority, a manager, a supervisor, anyone, explaining they're now in possession of ?400 of my pounds, they have a responsibility to me, however nothing.

We agreed a compromise that I should ring up Fedex and UPS and if they have nothing ring back and they'd escalate the case. So I rang Fedex, before I even finished reading the order number she laughed and said it wasn't one of theirs, as expected, at least someone got some fun out of this situation. Then I rang UPS and that's when it really goes down hill. I quote my tracking reference and I get the same line before about how they've created the label two days ago but not received anything. I laughed and explained I knew this but Microsoft insisted I checked, at which point he said "I think you should tell Microsoft they urgently need to contact us" great I thought, he's seen something on my account.

So I ring up CS and explain this all to them. At first it's the usual story "Your order is complete and should be delivered today or tomorrow" then I explain to her about what UPS said, and she then notices a note on my account from UPS. "Microsoft failed to provide tablet for order". She's completely thrown by this and has no idea what it means, so she puts me on hold for a few minutes and talks to her boss. She says they're all a bit thrown by this and have no idea what's happened, she says that they've escalated this to the upper management, however they can't provide me with any more information on what's happened or why it's happened until they review it. I asked her, what does this mean for me order? because if it's not shipped to UPS, I highly doubt that I'm going to receive it before tomorrow. She agreed and she said unfortunately due to the situation we have no idea when you're going to receive your order.

I obviously was not happy with this answer and I asked who could I speak to, I insisted that I speak to someone with some form of responsibility over the order, explaining I've paid ?400 and I now have zero idea what's going on with my order. She said sorry and said all she can do is send a complaint for to me via email as they know nothing more, which as of now, ~15minutes later, I haven't received, and that's how the phone call ended.

So I'm left ?400 out of pocket (actually having left my bank account), with no idea when my surface will arrive, with no one to advise me on my order, with no one taking responsibility for the problems, it's shocking, just unbelievable. I'm currently trying to find a phone number or anything of someone senior in the UK retail team, but no avail. I really don't know what to do.

Owen Stevens

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Just received mine!! 32GB with Touch Cover, Pre-Ordered 17th Oct. Delivered by UPS Saver

Money taken out my account, but like everyone else my status still says "In process" .. no updates or tracking number email..

I'm in London.
I ordered a Surface on the 16th, then canceled it, and ordered a fresh one on the 17th - then after the ?50 voucher, I ordered a couple of Surface Power supplies (one to leave at work, and one to keep in my bag)
The only payment authorised from my account is for the Power adaptors. (although worryingly it's been authorised 3 times :S - My bank assures me that it'll 'probably only be taken out once though')

Just spoke to a Madaline in romania (I think we're on first name terms now) and she has assured me that I'm 'very lucky', and 'might' recieve my power adaptors and surface either today or tomorrow, as i'm not on a list of people who will not be recieving their surfaces either today or tomorrow.

I'm not holding my breath... I'm yet to hear of one arriving where payment hasn't been taken from their account.

Congrats to everyone who's have arrived - I imagine I'll get over this rather quickly once it turns up.

udayrulz

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
lost for words.

So I rang up this morning, explaining my situation, that I have received a shipping email, and have an tracking number which UPS have on their system, however they're saying they've only created a label, they've not received anything or had pick up arranged by MS.

The guy I phone couldn't believe this and insisted it was being delivered by FedEx, despite me constantly telling him it wasn't. I asked repeatedly to speak to someone of authority, a manager, a supervisor, anyone, explaining they're now in possession of ?400 of my pounds, they have a responsibility to me, however nothing.

We agreed a compromise that I should ring up Fedex and UPS and if they have nothing ring back and they'd escalate the case. So I rang Fedex, before I even finished reading the order number she laughed and said it wasn't one of theirs, as expected, at least someone got some fun out of this situation. Then I rang UPS and that's when it really goes down hill. I quote my tracking reference and I get the same line before about how they've created the label two days ago but not received anything. I laughed and explained I knew this but Microsoft insisted I checked, at which point he said "I think you should tell Microsoft they urgently need to contact us" great I thought, he's seen something on my account.

So I ring up CS and explain this all to them. At first it's the usual story "Your order is complete and should be delivered today or tomorrow" then I explain to her about what UPS said, and she then notices a note on my account from UPS. "Microsoft failed to provide tablet for order". She's completely thrown by this and has no idea what it means, so she puts me on hold for a few minutes and talks to her boss. She says they're all a bit thrown by this and have no idea what's happened, she says that they've escalated this to the upper management, however they can't provide me with any more information on what's happened or why it's happened until they review it. I asked her, what does this mean for me order? because if it's not shipped to UPS, I highly doubt that I'm going to receive it before tomorrow. She agreed and she said unfortunately due to the situation we have no idea when you're going to receive your order.

I obviously was not happy with this answer and I asked who could I speak to, I insisted that I speak to someone with some form of responsibility over the order, explaining I've paid ?400 and I now have zero idea what's going on with my order. She said sorry and said all she can do is send a complaint for to me via email as they know nothing more, which as of now, ~15minutes later, I haven't received, and that's how the phone call ended.

So I'm left ?400 out of pocket (actually having left my bank account), with no idea when my surface will arrive, with no one to advise me on my order, with no one taking responsibility for the problems, it's shocking, just unbelievable. I'm currently trying to find a phone number or anything of someone senior in the UK retail team, but no avail. I really don't know what to do.

Well you can wait like the rest of us :)

jenjen4u

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
@Loz Blake

Wow this is crazy, sorry to hear this, did they tell you anything about your order number being on a certain "list" coz if its on the list apparently you wont get your surface in this week. But i cant help but think its just another way to give us false hope

jeromem75

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
People if you havn't received your surface yet then definitely give customer service a call and check if your order number is on a certain list. If its on the list then you will NOT be receiving the surface today or tomorrow... apparently im not on the list and so i should be getting my surface either today or tomorrow, i hope this is true!

rang, I am not on the list and should get the 32gb (ordered the 23rd) tomorrow... also ask for my 64gb ordered on the 28th, he said it was 3 weeks to wait (didn't show 3 weeks when I purchased) so I kindly asked to get it cancelled.

Theonlyix

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Bad news for me

I spoke with MSstore in germany (where i ordered mine and which has had the exact same dates in email and such as the uk).

They told me that there was huge deliveryproblems and that more units (mine included) wasnt expected in (wcs) up to tree weeks!!!!?! although i had confirmation of shipping on the 26th of october. I got the 50euro rebate but not more.

This sucks! i sure hope that guy was wrong!

Gorki247

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Got a really nice surprise today when I got home. Received my 64GB Surface! I'm really excited but also feel for those that pre-ordered but haven't received theirs yet. If I'm honest, I wasn't expecting mine until next week; I only ordered it on the 27th (when the 64GB model was still showing as in stock). It shows that their pre-order wasn't going as it could have.

Loz Blake

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
@Loz Blake

Wow this is crazy, sorry to hear this, did they tell you anything about your order number being on a certain "list" coz if its on the list apparently you wont get your surface in this week. But i cant help but think its just another way to give us false hope
Thanks dude, nothing about any lists though, if anything she suggested that mine was out for delivery, hence how they've managed to lose my unit.

jenjen4u

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Hey people... FINALLY GOT THE SURFACE... so yeh i live in london area near Westfield Stratford area, money has been on hold, still says order in process, nothing beats a huge smile on my face... dont lose hope!

chuks22

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
your 32Gb model for sale?

Yay.just arrived :)

I actually got two delivered...one from the 17th (32Gb, NC) and a second I ordered on the 26th (64Gb) 'cos I changed my mind about the 32Gb one.

Asked the driver and he knew about the cock-up and said they had 7,000 to deliver & knew they should have been here on Monday.

He had delivered lots today & had more to go.

If you are anywhere near Hartley Wintney then maybe soon.

hook me up if your 32Gb model is for sale. as cant wait 3 weeks. thx

Mon-El

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
I've now received mine. Pity as it's at home while I slum it at work. I had a sneaky look at it earlier and can confirm that it appears to have excellent build quality. The screen is pin sharp. Haven't had the touch cover out yet.

I'll have a play later, and hat tip to the UPS delivery guy - he came all the way back to deliver it after I missed him earlier.

I don't feel annoyed anymore. Apart from not being able to play with it until later :)

Shoulders

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the tip with the list.

Just gave CS a call, I'm assured i'm not on the "black list" (her words not mine), so shall be working from home tomorrow. I also let her know that I shall be going Banzaii tomorrow if it's not arrived.

Here's hoping.

cstenson

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
Just found a voicemail left at 1pm today. 'Nick from microsoft' was apologetic and explained that my case had been 'escalated' and they are working to ensure my order is next in line for 'immediate shipping'. He said they had had problems with tracking numbers but they have been fixed. But because of delays I would not receive it 'today or tomorrow'. He said I would probably receive an email in the next couple of days to confirm shipping... So best case is now 2nd Nov. :-(

paulschapman

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Just found a voicemail left at 1pm today. 'Nick from microsoft' was apologetic and explained that my case had been 'escalated' and they are working to ensure my order is next in line for 'immediate shipping'. He said they had had problems with tracking numbers but they have been fixed. But because of delays I would not receive it 'today or tomorrow'. He said I would probably receive an email in the next couple of days to confirm shipping... So best case is now 2nd Nov. :-(

Sounds like you are in the same batch as me - my order was on one of the lists of orders that had been royally mucked up - but the store was adamant that it would not be this week - and would not even guarantee next week - although when pressed he said mine would be the next out of the factory. If I get a notice of shipping this week I might be mollified, but not entirely.

mndl632

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
still waiting on mine after being assured by MS customer support that i would receive it today, i just had to be patient. Did just see a DHL van about 10 minutes from where i live, so the optimistic side of me is hoping he'll be coming over soon to give me my Surface..

fishgen

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Allright, just for the fun I ordered a second one today (in addition to the one that I pre-ordered on the 18th), let's see which one arrives first! By the way I called CS and they told me there's no such thing as a 'black list', and I will receive mine 'today or tomorrow for sure'...

karnka

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
Allright, just for the fun I ordered a second one today (in addition to the one that I pre-ordered on the 18th), let's see which one arrives first! By the way I called CS and they told me there's no such thing as a 'black list', and I will receive mine 'today or tomorrow for sure'...
I'm wondering when to order the accessories I want to buy with my voucher. Might be sensible to wait a little while.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cagkles124