Switched from WP to Android - Want to Come Back. 8X? (Verizon)

GreenScrew

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Personally, I consider the 8x the be the most perfectly sized phone in the WP8 market. I dread the day I will have to leave mine behind. Its not lacking anything unless you like large bulky phones. SD card expansion would be nice. I get questions and compliments about the sleek design all the time.

dmagic17

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Just to confirm - Is there no way to be notified of missed calls, texts, time, etc. without actually picking up the phone and pressing the unlock button?

CSJr1

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
Just to confirm - Is there no way to be notified of missed calls, texts, time, etc. without actually picking up the phone and pressing the unlock button?

I believe the Lumia Black update (not yet released) will update the Glance Screen to show missed calls, texts etc. without unolock or power button. It already does the time now.

Last edited:

badplanet

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
What are some of the "extras" that come along with the Nokia brand? Also, safe to assume that all the devices mentioned (besides the Lumia 928) have FM radio functionality by now?

I was mostly referring to the Nokia specific apps and updates such as Amber and Black. These bring features that do not go out to the non-Nokia handsets. For instance the Black update will include Bluetooth 4.0 which is something I have been waiting for on my Lumia 822. That may never be available on my HTC 8x.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa