Switched to Nexus 5. Will I survive? :)

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I have already make topic about it,
but decided to post it here with some new thoughts!

recently I sold my 1520 unlocked for 400$ and bought Nexus 5 in red! In my past android was the worst experience I ever had. And I promissed my self to never buy any bigdroid ever!
But I had the chance to buy Nexus5 red 32gb for only 150$ unlocked and unpacked! As this phone can be always sold for the price not less than 300$ It was good deal!
And now I am for week on android. What can I say about it. Not the phone, but the way I passed.

i really like android UI, where you know where is you icon is located! I realle hate the idea is fluid UI in WP!!! I what to know on what page what app is located! Live tiles? Good idea, but believe me android widgets is much powerful that tiles! They are much live as you can interact with them not only get information from it!

I do like WP and still will develop apps fpr this platform, but I am to tired to wait when Microsoft decided that WP is the only platform they must care about!

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Congratulations for your nexus 5. Don't take me wrong but this device is beast i terms of hardware. It has stock android (no bloat ware meh Samsung ). Though if you miss windows phone 8UI on this device , you can always installer launchers (there are many launchers which will give you live tiles till some extent ). Glad you Are still supporting our platform and will further develop apps :)

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. It took two days for me to install Nexus 5. That is not the good about abdroid and I do not think android is the best one. IOS will win the this battle, the most people who understand that WP is better also understand that the only competitor for wp is iOS, not the buggy android. But WP must lear a lot of android as this is the most popular platform in the world. Hundreds of millions can be wrong!

As I am developer I really cam understand why Android took such big attention in the world! The API is so much opened so every developer can produce excellent application.

Yet I understan that MS trying to balanced between opened and closed but it is not exuse for them to close every possible API

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
The Nexus 5 is about as good as it gets on the Android side. It's a good choice for someone switching to Android.

smoledman

Banned
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
You'll be just fine. I have a Nexus 5 since September of last year and it's been mostly good. However I have noticed it starting to lag a bit in the last 6 weeks. The famed Android lag. I'm hoping Android L enabling ART will fix that.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
For that price, it's a steal..good luck. I too have my Android (K900) and use it on and off. But can't resist my Lumia 820 for a long time..lol!

Poirots Progeny

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
You'll be fine!!!! Load on a custom rom and you'll be even better. Re the lag what android version do you have? I believe anything after 4.3 has trim support. Certainly I've not had the dreaded lag in ages!

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I still have HTC 8x, but Nexus now is my primary phone. It works very well. As about lags, those are not that lags like in early android versions, just sometimes not like "butter" :)

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
I've always been an Android supporter, after some brief time with Windows Phone I moved back to Android as well.

The Nexus 5 is the device I'm currently using and it's seriously a zero compromise device, truly spectacular.

Online reviewers will have you believe that it has a terrible camera and speakers but both of them we're improved upon in updates.

The camera is amazing BTW, here are shots I've taken: http://imgur.com/a/cpKQZ

TLRtheory

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I've always thought the Nexus 5 camera was decent too. Decided to take that out with me when I was out with my wife and daughter and the shots turned out awesome!

Definitely wouldn't call it a zero compromise device though. No phone that lacks external storage is.

fdruid

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I fail to see the point of talking about a well known Android flagship in a Windows Phone community. Unless it's trolling.

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
I've always thought the Nexus 5 camera was decent too. Decided to take that out with me when I was out with my wife and daughter and the shots turned out awesome!

Definitely wouldn't call it a zero compromise device though. No phone that lacks external storage is.

Haha it was a figure of speech. :p

There are things that could be improved, but for the most part it's one of the best devices you can buy for under $400.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs