Switching Back to Android Because OF LTE (AT&T)

en0x#AC

Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
there is something wrong with my phone then. with my iphone 5 on the same carrier same location i got over 50mbps. however on the 920 i can just hit 28mbps. i even try going right next to the cellphone tower late at night nothing change whiles the iphone 5 maxed out at 56mbps. which made me belive the lte chip on the 920 is not as good as the iphone 5.

I even hit 41Mbps on mine
wp_ss_20130619_0001.jpg

jeffaz76

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
So the AT&T HTC one enables you to disable LTE? You didn't have to root it and throw a different ROM on it? I was under the impression from what I have seen and read that AT&T disables selecting network speed on all devices except the Iphone. I too updated my Lumia 920 only to see it lose the field test menu. I was able to flash it back and will dismiss the update until I am confident that LTE is stable enough. I have the full bars and no data issue occasionally. I've seen it happen on ipads and iphones as well, but they are able to disable LTE. I've thought about switching carriers, but AT&T still has the best HSPA+ network. The problem is they don't want you to use it anymore. For now my phone is great, but at some point I will probably want to update it to keep up with the developments in the windows phone software. I am hoping LTE will be more reliable soon, or someone will figure out how get AT&T 920 to be able to select network speed again post-portico.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCC