Switching platforms? | Thinking of leaving?...comment here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I'm missing battery life...

Currently debating a battery case or a pack. Both have solid reviews.

A battery case means not being able to use my cute case. A pack means it takes up space in my purse. Decisions, decisions.

Or I could just get an iPhone 8. That would probably be the best middle ground (something about the processor having improved battery management) but I need to ditch some of these phones. Yep that idea has rolled around in my mind, but the quality control on the software and hardware side needs some help...

Last edited:

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm missing battery life...

Currently debating a battery case or a pack. Both have solid reviews.

A battery case means not being able to use my cute case. A pack means it takes up space in my purse. Decisions, decisions.

Or I could just get an iPhone 8. That would probably be the best middle ground (something about the processor having improved battery management) but I need to ditch some of these phones. Yep that idea has rolled around in my mind, but the quality control on the software and hardware side needs some help...

What’s wrong with the iPhone 8?

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
What’s wrong with the iPhone 8?

I remember seeing a news story about them coming apart for some people and also the mess that iOS 11 has been, for battery life and general performance. Apple has released a lot of updates since the software came out, which is crazy considering that it's only October.

Edit: I believe the coming apart was because of the swollen batteries on the Plus model. Also watched a video yesterday of a lady who had to have her iPhone 8 Plus replaced 2 times and others in her comments were saying that they had similar experiences.

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Is changing your charging routine an option? It would seem that simply plugging in the Pixel on a drive, at your desk, or when you are in bed would solve your battery life dilemma. I think you said you don't do that now, but that would be a no cost (or at least low cost if you had to buy an extra USB-C cable) way to increase the battery life, and you wouldn't have to carry anything extra.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Is changing your charging routine an option? It would seem that simply plugging in the Pixel on a drive, at your desk, or when you are in bed would solve your battery life dilemma. I think you said you don't do that now, but that would be a no cost (or at least low cost if you had to buy an extra USB-C cable) way to increase the battery life, and you wouldn't have to carry anything extra.

That's a good suggestion, thanks. I do carry around a cable (and plug) to work in case I need it. In fact, said cable is currently charging my Pixel on my desk. I just don't like having a need to carry a cable daily.

I might get an extra USB-C cable just for the car, since I'm always listening to Spotify via my phone anyway (I have a 15 minute commute, but knock on wood with a life change coming soon, I will have a longer commute to the other location, which might justify this purchase). I could charge at night but my current cord isn't long enough for me to read before falling asleep. It's kind of annoying to try to read with it connected to the charger.

It's worth giving a try though, thank you. As you and anyone else who posts in this thread often knows, being a switcher can be exhausting and expensive. The number of times I have set up phones this past weekend, ugh I need a break.

Last edited:

Dante X

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I gave up and switchd to Android.. Are you happy Microsoft?

I finally gave up on Windows 10 mobile, not because I wanted but because my Lumia 950 started crasing a lot, apps, OS, services, slowdowns, random freezes, even the battery started failing a lot (I just bought a new OEM battery 2 months ago). I tried Hard resetting but nothing.

I ended up buying a moto E4 plus, is a budget phone. I am planning to return if the Surface phone ever comes out.

I feel dissapointed by Microsoft, after so many years of being a loyal windows phone user, i feel like they are kicking us out of the platform.:crying::crying:

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: I gave up and switchd to Android.. Are you happy Microsoft?

It's no point of trying to hold on anymore its been a year since the last windows 10 Mobile device was released , and app developers are pulling and ending their support more and more everyday. Lack of hardware and apps are more than enough reason to leave. Surface phone has been rumored for at least 5 years now I doubt that phone would do anything there's still the issue with no apps

I left back in June I had the idol 4s and switched to the ZTE axon 7 and I've bee satisfied every since. Good hardware and app support. It's time to bury windows 1 mobile in the grave

DarkSK17a

Nov 1, 2015
Visit site

I felt the same when Microsoft left the L1020 despite having promised to support it.

onysi

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site

Lumia 1020 came out back in 2013. I thought people upgrade at least 1-2 years later? i upgrade at least every year for new phone.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
That's a good suggestion, thanks. I do carry around a cable (and plug) to work in case I need it. In fact, said cable is currently charging my Pixel on my desk. I just don't like having a need to carry a cable daily.

I might get an extra USB-C cable just for the car, since I'm always listening to Spotify via my phone anyway (I have a 15 minute commute, but knock on wood with a life change coming soon, I will have a longer commute to the other location, which might justify this purchase). I could charge at night but my current cord isn't long enough for me to read before falling asleep. It's kind of annoying to try to read with it connected to the charger.

It's worth giving a try though, thank you. As you and anyone else who posts in this thread often knows, being a switcher can be exhausting and expensive. The number of times I have set up phones this past weekend, ugh I need a break.

I feel your pain guurll.

nwnjjim

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
My wife still uses her Lumia 1020. This replaced her Samsung Sync A707 which she had for 7 years. She looks to me for guidance on what to do when the 1020 fails, which she fears. I love my Lumia 950 and will stay with it until I am forced to change. I am thinking of the LG V30 with a SquareHome 2 or MS Launcher in order to make the transition less painful. Or a future Android phone with a killer camera.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Those things do put on a nice fire and smoke show!! I recall using something similar... the flash cubes was smoking!!

... !

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site

It does seem quite exhausting.I too feel you need a break.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I'll be honest, I am hoping that some people who are getting the X would want to give up their iPhone 8.

That's the only phone that I would actually consider switching to, especially since hearing that the battery life on the 8 is actually better than the SE.

As for how it is going with the Pixel, it's going alright. It feels like I'm charging daily and that I should always have a cable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Happy