T-Mobile GDR2 update????

rysliv

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
We all do, but this is sort of turning out to be another 7.8 update release. (carriers don't push the update). I hope it comes within a few days, this update release is already delayed greatly.

rysliv

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Dude on the TMo forums got a replacement 8X w/ GDR2 loaded, he says..

Hmmm

I thought they were sold out on 8x devices. They don't even sell them anymore.

I do hope if my 8x does somehow break I don't get an 8x replacement device. The 925 looks far more appealing than a device that is "lost in the sea of lumias".

juanitoriv

Windows 10 Champion
Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
I thought they were sold out on 8x devices. They don't even sell them anymore.

I do hope if my 8x does somehow break I don't get an 8x replacement device. The 925 looks far more appealing than a device that is "lost in the sea of lumias".

That's what I thought/ was told.. I really can't say. I hate to agree with you too..

Tobias K

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
I've got GDR2 today, T-Mobile Germany, branded 8x.
Works perfect so far, DataSense is working, 2GB Other temp data is cleared, phone feels very fast and snappy.
And the best thing for me: Visual Voicemail is now working ... didn't work before ...

rysliv

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I've got GDR2 today, T-Mobile Germany, branded 8x.
Works perfect so far, DataSense is working, 2GB Other temp data is cleared, phone feels very fast and snappy.
And the best thing for me: Visual Voicemail is now working ... didn't work before ...

Good news there, and even that the HTC update page is back.

geekinc

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
I got a warranty replacement 8x two days ago with GDR2 preinstalled. No wifi calling. I don't know whether it's the phone or the update, but the battery is getting drained super fast. It's down to 30% in 3 hours after a full nights charge. I'm so sick of this damned phone, I haven't even returned the broken one yet...

geekinc

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
The replacement with GDR2 was not charging normally and drained super quick, so they sent me another and the replacement I got today does not have GDR2 update. Now I don't know what to do, I mainly use the podcast feature and it was very buggy on my old phone. I think I'm gonna call and see if they will replace it with another brand, either a Nokia or dare I say it an Android. I just want a phone that works...

juanitoriv

Windows 10 Champion
Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
The replacement with GDR2 was not charging normally and drained super quick, so they sent me another and the replacement I got today does not have GDR2 update. Now I don't know what to do, I mainly use the podcast feature and it was very buggy on my old phone. I think I'm gonna call and see if they will replace it with another brand, either a Nokia or dare I say it an Android. I just want a phone that works...

I don't blame you. Ask for customer loyalty and lay out your plea. They have the most power to help you

rysliv

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Id go for the Nokia, it is quite nice, tried it in the store today, shame they didn't have any apps installed but the stock ones, no special camera apps or anything. It did however have gdr2.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria