T-Mobile, Lumia 635 or Lumia 925?

dashauns

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Considering that the lumia 925 can be had for around $200 new and has better camera, more ram, higher resolution, and wireless charging capability, I'm not seeing much of a reason to get the $189 lumia 635.

PLGomez

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I don't know what's up with T-Mobile. You should definitely consider the 925. It's an awesome device, I just wish T-Mobile was getting more higher end devices.

b00leanbl1ss

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
The biggest drawback of 925 is the non-expandable 16GB memory. C'mon, when you have a phone that can take hi-res photos and videos why only 16GB memory( you can use one drive but what about music, videos and other content you want to access offline?)? I read in reviews that even the battery life is bad. These are two main factors why 925 is a flop among power users. If you want a device with better battery life, expandable storage, decent camera, newer OS and on-screen buttons - 635 hits every point. Also, I think dual-color rounded plastic shells looks much cooler than the boxy aluminium industrial design.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
The biggest drawback of 925 is the non-expandable 16GB memory. C'mon, when you have a phone that can take hi-res photos and videos why only 16GB memory( you can use one drive but what about music, videos and other content you want to access offline?)? I read in reviews that even the battery life is bad. These are two main factors why 925 is a flop among power users. If you want a device with better battery life, expandable storage, decent camera, newer OS and on-screen buttons - 635 hits every point. Also, I think dual-color rounded plastic shells looks much cooler than the boxy aluminium industrial design.

Connect your phone to your computer once in awhile to transfer photos to it to free up space. As far as the battery goes, not true about my 925, but it depends on your particular device. I got over 36 hours of battery out of my phone just the other day. Battery wasn't that great the first couple of weeks I got it, but now it's starting to be able to compete with my 920 in terms of battery life.

Your OS debate doesn't quite wash simply because the 925 is going to get 8.1 officially as well. Also, there's no doubt the 925's camera will certainly blow away the 635's.

b00leanbl1ss

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
Being "metalchick" you should understand how it feels to have your music collection in your pocket all the time! Battery life depends on the user. If you are able to juice out 36 hours, that's great! Even I'm a music head n I want all kinds of genres and bands on my phone. I'm not a photo geek so a camera to snap some casual photos should do good on 635. Yes, the lumia 925 is better no doubt but I think limited space kills the premium experience... I'm definitely getting the 635 next month!

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Being "metalchick" you should understand how it feels to have your music collection in your pocket all the time! Battery life depends on the user. If you are able to juice out 36 hours, that's great! Even I'm a music head n I want all kinds of genres and bands on my phone. I'm not a photo geek so a camera to snap some casual photos should do good on 635. Yes, the lumia 925 is better no doubt but I think limited space kills the premium experience... I'm definitely getting the 635 next month!

I definitely do as I have over 12,000 songs on my old iPod classic. :wink: I still personally prefer the 925 over the 635, but since the latter can take a 128GB microSD card, plus apps can be stored on that, you should be good to go with that phone. I used to store more than 1,000 songs on my old iPhone 4 (also 16GB), but I hated having only 3GB of free space left. Hope you enjoy your new phone when you get it!

dashauns

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I considered it for a bit but the lack of ram and 720p kind of is a dealbreaker for me. The Moto g has 1gb of ram, larger screen, higher resolution and bigger battery at the same price point (though I understand it lacks lte). I think they should have just priced it at 200 with 720p and a gig of ram. Then it would have been a definite for me

dashauns

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
And to add, I think phones like the oneplus one are going to drive the prices of other devices down. If you can get that phone for such a price new, other new phones may be a difficult sell, not to mention used phones. There are some used phones like the note 3 or even s4 that sell for well over 300 used, and dont even have the latest cpu like the oneplus. Unless you are a windows phone diehard on a budget or just an off contract user looking for a low cost smartphone, the 635 isnt looking like it will be the great sale item that the 520 and 521 were.

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I own 2 520's as backups for my 820 and my wife's 925. We switch out the Sims now and then and use them as small tablets without a SIM the rest of the time. For the 50$ each we paid for them they are outstanding. No 635's in our future.

Sent from my KFTT using Mobile Nations mobile app

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes