Tempered glass screen protector

clechner77

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
I ordered one myself and just received it yesterday. Unfortunately it was cracked :( You won't believe how sad I was after waiting 3 weeks. Sigh.......................... I emailed the seller.
WP_20140427_002.jpg

clechner77

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
Wow, the seller got back within a few minutes of getting my email about the protector being cracked. He offered either a new one resent with better packaging or a refund. I'm disappointed with the cracked one but satisfied with the quickly reply.

o4komodo

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
The fact it says it's recommended "tobeused" [no spacing] with an "iphone samsung case" [no capitalization anywhere, what is an iphone samsung case?] bothers me. But I'm sure it's still a good product, just lost in translation. Good on the seller with the reply though

clechner77

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
I purchased on amazon from the link mentioned earlier in this thread. Note, it actually fits well. The pictures shown are exactly how it fits my 1520 as well. It doesn't quite go to the edge (and I do have it centered perfectly) but it's relatively close. For me, I don't really see that edge getting scratched. You'd have to pull off a magic act (though I'm sure some on here are quite capable).

That said, if you haven't ever used a tempered glass protector, you're missing out. Seriously. They protect extremely well and give the feel of having nothing on the phone. I highly recommend them. My GF has one and it has protected her phone flawlessly. In the case of something happening, they can break but your phone won't be damaged on the screen. You'll need to get another one, so that's the only drawback. Having the same precision touch/smoothness is priceless.

elvandar

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Mine came in today. I bought this one:

Premium Tempered Glass Screen Protector film for Nokia Lumia 1520

Pros:
+Feels just like the screen itself
+Amazing sensitivity and clarity through such relatively "thick" (protective) glass
+Easy installation
+My seller shipped mine in only 5 days total when the estimated delivery time was 10-14 business days
+Install kit has simple instructions and comes with everything you need
+Size is perfect. No overhang or anything.

Cons:
-A tiny portion of the edges of the protector does not actually stick or adhere to the phone itself. I don't know if this is because the edges are rounded on the 1520 or because there is no adhesive material on the edges of it, but it is uniform around the whole protector where it is not stuck down like the rest of it. This could be by design or because of the 1520's screen shape. Either way, it is very minor, and has not caused any issues. I don't really expect it to, either. It's more of just a small visual thing like you have a white border around your protector but it's not a big deal at all for me. It looks just like the person who posted above in terms of not sticking down on the sides but I centered it perfectly and it's completely fine for me.

Summary: Highly recommend it. Best screen protector I've ever used. Much higher quality than ZAGG Glass.

Last edited:

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Mine came in today. I bought this one:

Premium Tempered Glass Screen Protector film for Nokia Lumia 1520

Pros:
+Feels just like the screen itself
+Amazing sensitivity and clarity through such relatively "thick" (protective) glass
+Easy installation
+My seller shipped mine in only 5 days when the estimated delivery time was 10-14 days
+Install kit has simple instructions and comes with everything you need
+Size is perfect. No overhang or anything.

Cons:
-A tiny portion of the edges of the protector does not actually stick or adhere to the phone itself. I don't know if this is because the edges are rounded on the 1520 or because there is no adhesive material on the edges of it, but it is uniform around the whole protector where it is not stuck down like the rest of it. This could be by design or because of the 1520's screen shape. Either way, it is very minor, and has not caused any issues. I don't really expect it to, either. It's more of just a small visual thing like you have a white border around your protector but it's not a big deal at all for me. It looks just like the person who posted above in terms of not sticking down on the sides but I centered it perfectly and it's completely fine for me.

Summary: Highly recommend it. Best screen protector I've ever used. Much higher quality than ZAGG Glass.

Pics please!

Last edited:

NawfSideWillyB

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Anyone try the Nilkin one off eBay? I think everyone should let us know which type they have. (ie the company) so we can discern which is the best quality cost wise.

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Oh didn't know nillkin made already one. Have tried that on a different phone and it's pretty good. Now I'm tempted to get it.

Sent from my Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk

Easycure1974

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Anyone try the Nilkin one off eBay? I think everyone should let us know which type they have. (ie the company) so we can discern which is the best quality cost wise.

I have ordered one but the seller from China says it can take up to 25 days to deliver it to Sweden. Hopes it goes quicker :)

Glen Urbina

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
Not tempered glass, but a privacy screen filter! a tad thick!
Works like a charm, no sensitivity issues and you can see only if you are in front of the phone, if someone is sitting next to me they can't see anything! Only con I have found is that if you want to show photos to someone, unless you give them the phone it's impossible! But for sure it protects the screen like anything else!

I even like the way it hides the nokia logo!

DSC_0413.jpg

oditius

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I have one on mine now, but very disappointed in it. I mean it works great and all, but I think the 1520 has a beveled screen, because there is what looks like grey spot all the sreen like it isn't touching glass. My HTC One screen was beveled and the tempered glass I got for it was beveled. So it touched the screen 100%. I want one that is like that.

NawfSideWillyB

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Well, I guess the main thing I'm looking for, irregardless of cost, is a glass protector that is also beveled like the screen. Anyone got one as such?

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Bit the bullet on the nillkin as well. Hopefully by at least mid month it arrives. My first order from a different brand should arrive this week. At least I've 2 to compare

Sent from my Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk

NawfSideWillyB

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Sweet plz keep us in the loop on it. Hopefully there's a flush cornered one out somewhere, its also very weird that there are none stocked in US by anyone. (Easily found, anyway)

NawfSideWillyB

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
I got a couple nilkins ordered because it looks the most "name brandish" out of all the eBay sold protectors. Will try to post pics and info about how the quality is around the end of the month when they arrive.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05