The 1020 and WP10

z8er

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Did you try the Volume -, plus power, plus camera button, then plug in usb trick? Worked for me when nothing else did.

jeetu4444

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
No bricking but windows mobile 10 still not stable for daily driver phone...u can install it on your spare phone.... Latest built is very nice with less bugs

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I've installed it on my 1020 twice. Still up and running. Bricking your device is rare. Having it run poorly, Apps crash, lag, etc, is all common, however.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

jcarli00

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Trying to get the most current update to Windows Phone software from ATT and want to know if this is update 2? I've read where the 1020 is getting update 2 before W10 is downloaded.

wp_ss_20150708_0001.png

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
People are getting update 2 from the Insider Program. After install it will then prompt you to download Windows 10. So if you want Update 2 and not W10, you have to uninstall Windows Insider App before you restart the device so it can install Update 2. Otherwise, it will notify you that you have an update pending nearly every time you wake the phone. Can't remove it without a hard reset.

But, theres no guarantee you'll even get Update 2, first. I tried twice. First time I didn't and it went right to W10. Second time, I got Update 2. Makes me wonder if having Denim firmware was the difference...

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
People are getting update 2 from the Insider Program. After install it will then prompt you to download Windows 10. So if you want Update 2 and not W10, you have to uninstall Windows Insider App before you restart the device so it can install Update 2. Otherwise, it will notify you that you have an update pending nearly every time you wake the phone. Can't remove it without a hard reset.

But, theres no guarantee you'll even get Update 2, first. I tried twice. First time I didn't and it went right to W10. Second time, I got Update 2. Makes me wonder if having Denim firmware was the difference...

I think recent builds have skipped over Update 2 altogether actually.

miarkus

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
I can confirm you go straight to W10, no more update 2. I tried 10 twice but it was too buggy for me although I didn't have a chance to try the latest build. I think our 1020s with their week CPUs are not great and won't be without some fine tuning from MSFT..

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I've installed the preview on past really buggy builds. But I want to know about this build...

I don't use it enough to tell if it's more stable or not, but I haven't noticed any performance improvement on this build. It's still slow and massively unoptimized for this hardware.

nedarata

May 5, 2015
Visit site
wp10 is ok on 1020
stock apps isn't
calculator, alarm apps need splash screen
store app is so usefull that it makes me wonder why i can't delete it

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
As with Cyan and Denim, I'll wait patiently until I'm prompted for an update. I appreciate a stable, highly-reliable 1020 that excels as it has since new. Best to the pioneers.

KINGINI LABS

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
I had W10 mobile on my 1020 and everything was smooth except a bummer 'Auto upload for photos won't work eventhough it is turned on'

I have reverted back to wp8.1 as of now

Penguin apple

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site
I am using Lumia 920 with the Windows 10 Mobile Build 10166 and it works really excellent. Yes, there are loading screens appearing regularly when switching between apps. I have not made any hard reset and everything works as it should. The Lumia 1020 has practically the same hardware, so the experience should be similar, except for the 41 megapixel Lumia Camera feature not being available (!).

Here are the showstoppers that make people not wanting to install Build 10166 on Lumia 1020:
  • Lumia Camera not available in the Windows 10 Mobile Store
  • Loading screens are likely to show up when switching between apps
  • Hard resets are likely to cause Action Center icons to blink
  • Hard resets will cause issues with Glance screen setup and the Extras+Info application
  • Performance optimisations are missing (expected since this is beta software)

rAj06

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I've installed the latest build 2 times. Though I liked the way OS is shaping up and want to be a part of it, it's unstable for daily usage. Battery life just sucks with 10's current build. Wait till we get a stable build. The current version is more of alpha build than beta. WP makes one become patient. ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dazt6h