The "I'm NOT Installing Windows 10 Yet" thread

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
I see threads of all sorts here about Windows 10. What about those of you that are not upgrading?

Give your reason for not upgrading, and, if you plan to upgrade later, what are your plans for the upgrade?

I'll start. I am not currently upgrading. Since an ISO has been released, I will be waiting until I have Wi-Fi access to download both the Windows 10 ISO and the Zero Day Update file as well. I won't have Wi-Fi access until the weekend to be able to do this, however, so I'm waiting for now.

I will probably wait a full 7 days before I attempt to install Windows 10 on my laptop. That way, I can see what issues others are having, and can read the solutions to those issues. It will also be likely that Microsoft will have resolved most of those issues if I decide to wait a full week.

What are your plans?

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure if or when I'll upgrade.

I paid for Windows 8.1 Pro Pack in order to get Windows Media Center. I don't want to lose Windows Media Center, since I use it to record OTA TV shows.

There was mention of a new feature coming that will allow playing DVD, but I don't play DVD. I'm not aware of anything else that has the DVR features of Windows Media Center.

As long as nothing else exists, I'm skipping Windows 10.

jwckauman

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
Im not upgrading because I paid for the Win 8.1 pro pack and Windows media center is the hub of my home entertainment system. Windows 10 breaks it. Windows Media Center > whatever you get with Win 10.

rhapdog

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Windows Media Center is a big sore spot for many who record OTA TV.

Have either of you tried the free program, NextPVR? Or the paid versions of BeyondTV and SageTV? Would love your input on those if you have. Let's face it, at some point, people are going to need a valid alternative, and those 3 seem to be viable from reviews I have read. Haven't tried the programs yet, though.

rhapdog

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Well, somebody felt sorry for me and brought me the ISO and the updates. I'm up and running, and loving Windows 10.

As far as those who aren't installing right now, well, you're probably not browsing these forums right now. ;)

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Don't like the so called full screen desktop "tablet mode" so no upgrade for my S3, have 1 PC running Media Center with the TMT plugin so no upgrade there, have an old Lenovo laptop and another desktop with Windows 7, probably wont upgrade those either as they see little use and I don't see any big benefits of Windows 10 to chance breaking 2 working systems. Last PC is my WHS 2011 box so doesn't support it anyway and there are so many issues being reported with upgrading, running the OS so overall, not interested in it.

waeras

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
I won't install it at home until Microsoft restores the OneDrive functionality from 8.1. If they don't do it in the foreseeable future I'll cancel my Office-subscription, switch to Box where I also have 1 TB, or join Dropbox or Google Drive or something, and install Linux. The Surface will have to stay on 8.1 with Office from thepiratebay or something.

I have upgraded a couple of computers for family members already though, and I have a laptop at home with Windows 10 from the Windows Insider program.

Madeye234

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
I'll wait to upgrade, having seen the forum post already on what Win10 breaks and making sure all drivers are compatible before making the plunge. I have one PC i can experiment with, but my son is worried it might mess up his Minecraft setup and access to the online servers. I hear there is a win10 Mincraft coming out, not sure if its the same as what he is playing and can access the same servers he has. Also DVD playing is a concern, but Microsoft just came out with a solution for that as part of the upgrade. Anyway, still on the fence as to when to upgrade. I'm more excited about Win 10 Mobile and how it will look on my Nokia 1520.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss