The latest Apple rumor comes from yet another abandoned Microsoft concept

fdruid

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Let's be honest, it's hardly Microsoft's fault, people hated Kinect. It's people who made it fail, and as many forward thinking features Microsoft presented in consoles alone, people were adamantly rejecting them, without making too much sense at it.
Kinect should have been bigger. Not as a game gimmick, though it could have been cool. As a device for interaction.

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
Whatever else is true or not, it wouldn't be feasible to have continued Kinect simply for Skype calls. If Kinect wasn't going to be continued, they would have had to build webcam support into Xbox, either natively or via USB. It's a shame that it has come to this but I'm not sure it was really any great fault of Microsoft's. Users and developers showed no support for Kinect and, while it would have been possible to add webcam support to Xbox, I'm not sure it would or should have been considered worth prioritising over other things for the likely number of users.

Cmndr_Bytes

Dec 6, 2017
Visit site
I loved Kinect and used it most every day for play and exercise and combination thereof. It was amazing and had they continued with and developed it could have been big. I agree with other comments that too many ppl got all freaked out about it and their noise drowned out all of us who loved it and thought it was a fantastic future forward system. Microsoft should have pushed through.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheStivo