The look and "feel" of WP7...

wolf1891

May 12, 2011
Visit site
Some people come here just to start trouble. Don't let it get to you. The majority of the people that participate in this forum are respectful and polite. It's a shame that some people weren't taught better manners growing up.

nah, I don't let it get to me. I just give every new forum member the chance to act like an adult and discuss our different opinions honestly and respectfully. And then, when/if they prove to be incapable of that simple thing then they just go on the ignore list, at which point they are most definitely no longer bothering me.

mprice86

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
I didn't realise there was an ignore list function, it feels a bit like I'd be cheating though. Like sticking my fingers in my ears and going "lalalalalalalallalallalalalaaa". Given that unashamed bashing and baiting has more or less killed off my interest in participating in this community though, it might be time to deploy it.

wolf1891

May 12, 2011
Visit site
I didn't realise there was an ignore list function, it feels a bit like I'd be cheating though. Like sticking my fingers in my ears and going "lalalalalalalallalallalalalaaa". Given that unashamed bashing and baiting has more or less killed off my interest in participating in this community though, it might be time to deploy it.

I agree that there is a bit of the "cheating" aspect to the ignore function but, I was pretty close to walking away from this forum completely due to the amount of garbage that was starting to show up in some threads and if it wasn't for that feature then i would have left.

koolkid09

May 28, 2011
Visit site
There's educating, and then there's being a ******. You're being a ******.

Look, do iOS and Android look alike? Yes. You know what else looks like iOS and Android? Bada, Symbian, BB OS, Web OS... I don't care about grids or whatever, they all have the same icon-based design concepts. If you can't admit it, you're a ******.

Windows Phone is the only one of those that looks truly different and unique. Get over it.

I'm not a ******. If all those other OSs look the same, then WP7 looks like grid OS.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
nah, I don't let it get to me. I just give every new forum member the chance to act like an adult and discuss our different opinions honestly and respectfully. And then, when/if they prove to be incapable of that simple thing then they just go on the ignore list, at which point they are most definitely no longer bothering me.

how does the ignore list work where do I find it?

petersun21

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
WP's design is very polished. The flat colors are intentional and by design. The purpose is clarity without clutter. Your description sounds like a different design philosophy.

Though I would like to see more color options.
I agree. The design of wp7 looks "cheap" and lack of cool factor. The people tile is OK. Most of other tiles are just simple one color tile. Everyone has opinions on this. Users should be allowed to have choices without sacrificing performance.

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
There's also no need for certain people to keep posting on the subject when they have NO IDEA what they are talking about.

It seems you lack the ability to distinguish between a reasonable debate and personal attacks. . . much like the clear difference between Android and Windows Phone home screens.

Rich Edmonds

PC Editor
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm not a ******. If all those other OSs look the same, then WP7 looks like grid OS.
I think you need to take a step back and cool it. At the end of the day you'll not educate a soul should you act like a moron with a keyboard. People have opinions, it's all to do with personal recognition and how you view the UI of the mobile operating systems. I could say these two look the same, and you may disagree. You might say this and that look identical, and I could disagree. It's the beauty of constructive debating and why we have people enjoying different offerings.

tl;dr - I don't wish to be a party popper, but quit the squabbling and stay on topic everyone. Respect views from other members.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria