The Messaging app, WP 8.1 Denim, can't see the photos to attach when sending texts. Any Idea?

W

WPCentral Question

The Messaging app, WP 8.1 Denim, can't see the photos to attach when sending texts. Any Idea

I recently replaced my Lumia 635 with another of the same after screen damage, keeping my old Sim chip and SD card, where photos are stored. I am running 8.1 Denim. The messaging app can't see the photos to attach, although photo app and all others see it fine. I can attach video or location just fine from within messaging.

The words "Snap some pictures and they'll show up here." under choose picture when trying to attach. I can attach photos from the photos share app and it works. I assume the Messaging app thinks the photos are on the phone drive, rather than SD drive. After a few seconds it jumps back to the text I was writing, without attachment.

Tried to make adjustment in Storage sense, switching photo location to phone, rebooting, then back to SD. Photo app did a quick rebuild, but problem still exists. Any ideas?

Would be grateful for some help.
RDN

bccorski

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site
Hello, Did you get any answers to you question or figure out how to get your phone to find your pictures? I am having the exact same problem. It finds videos but doesn't find my pictures to attach. Thanks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb