The unknown part of the RTM?

Paul Foulkes

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
It has been amazing to have MS ask what we want in W10, but surely when it comes to the release surely they must have a surprise or two?! What do people think that will be? A fully interactive people hub maybe? Surely they must have something?

smoheath

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I have been wondering the same thing. I think (and hope) there are going to be some surprises. If there are surprises then Windows 10 will get more buzz. But at the same time, a bunch of insiders might be angry that they didn't have an opportunity to test it out and give feedback. In addition to this, remember how much people freaked out over the recycle bin icon design? Think if Microsoft made a surprise UI decision for the actual release and people hate it. Then Windows 10 would have bad buzz.

If Microsoft has no surprises in the rtm release then there would be this, "nothing to see here" attitude towards it. I personally think this is worse than the possibility of people not liking the surprise elements.

I hope they surprise us with a cohesive design throughout, aka Metro 2.0 with light and dark themes. This would include visual revamps of the file explorer, device manager, the control panel (if it still exists), and even the registry. I don't think this will happen, but one can hope...

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
The concept of rtm being a "final" product is changing. Sure it'll give oem's something to write drivers for (and stick their hateful Norton trials into), but the update process has changed so much ( MS can now enhance so many elements when the device gets activated) that the ux can be very different from what gets rtm'd.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa