Third row of tiles makes start screen too small on 4.5" and below

narv

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I wasn't sure how I thought about it on my 920. I turned it on obviously to see how it would look since I liked the concept of seeing more stuff... A first it was a bit cluttered looking and it may look so to others that see my phone but honestly now I really like it.... They are a bit small and I have larger hands but I haven't missed any tiles yet trying to click the smaller ones.

Sameer Chandra

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
It is a waste of time thinking about getting an extra row for tiles on smaller phones like the 520 or 920 beacuse the small tiles get even smaller and the result looks ugly. As for me, I'm content with the two rows I've got.

t8ntlikly

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
I had the same question, and see that that Particular setting is not on my Icon. However I'm looking to update my sons' 928 so I'll check there....thanks guys and gals.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I turned on the third row on my 920 first thing yesterday morning. The smallest tiles were still remarkably each to touch. Kudos on maintaining usability of the phone with either UI. I found that the home screen was a little more cluttered than I'd like. For the time being, I am back to 2 rows.

philxor

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm using it on my 925 now. At first I thought it was too small but decided to give it a chance, built a new layout, and now when going back everything is way too huge. No way I will go back.

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
At first it seemed really small, but it's just because I was used to the larger format. Now it's growing on me. I also adjusted the layout to use a bit more medium and wide tiles and that has helped a lot. Cluster the small ones together and it's pretty neat and clean still. I do think the text on the tiles would get really tiny below 4.5" screens, but I'd have to see it first hand.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeroyNoodle