This is weird

safariking

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site
Hello,

Upgraded to 10586.29 fast ring and sometimes when i try to unlock my phone by power button (not double tap to wake) i get weird stripes all over the screen had this issue also with 10576 only solution now is turn off phone and turn it back on and everything is back to normal for some hours.

IMG-20151206-WA0001 (1).jpg

Any solution? Does anyone encounter the same issue?

Btw: Using Lumia 1320 dirty flashed from 8.1 GDR1

Should a hard reset work or not?

I am really scared off flashing back to 8.1 bricked my phone earlier by doing that

Last edited:

Florin_Anghel

Banned
Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
Dude, bricked means it is a brick, dead, caput!
Since you were able to resurrect your phone it means it was not bricked.
Therefor you can do it again! Re-flash -> upgrade!

safariking

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site
Dude, bricked means it is a brick, dead, caput!
Since you were able to resurrect your phone it means it was not bricked.
Therefor you can do it again! Re-flash -> upgrade!

Guy please... i know what a bricked phone means i flashed back a couple of weeks ago from 10576 to 8.1 with recovery tool but phone was dead by doing that must send my phone back had no phone for 5 weeks.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Guy please... i know what a bricked phone means i flashed back a couple of weeks ago from 10576 to 8.1 with recovery tool but phone was dead by doing that must send my phone back had no phone for 5 weeks.

Try Lumia Phone Test Application, the Store version of our Windows Device Recovery Tool

Florin_Anghel

Banned
Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
When is dead dead is not dead since you do not know how to resurrect it. Trust me, bricked means brick. Its motherboard with firmware made irreversible damage. That is what brick means. When you sent it back, I don't think they replaced ur MB, you probably did not know how to power it up again. You just pushed the button expecting twinkle lights.

safariking

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site
When is dead dead is not dead since you do not know how to resurrect it. Trust me, bricked means brick. Its motherboard with firmware made irreversible damage. That is what brick means. When you sent it back, I don't think they replaced ur MB, you probably did not know how to power it up again. You just pushed the button expecting twinkle lights.

What's your problem your talking like i am stupid! I sent my phone back to repair center and YES THEY CHANGED THE MOTHERBOARD! my phone was completely dead i am not stupid i know how a phone works.

Florin_Anghel

Banned
Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
I said that because there are very little chances to brick your phone. Most people think the phone is bricked cause it doesn't "seem" to power on anymore. You have to really screw up with your phone to make irreversible damage (like dropping it several times then doing firmware flashes and interrupting the process while it's in progress). Maybe then it's bricked.
How do you know they change your MB? Usually they say this just to please the customer when in real life they change nothing and just re-flash.
Just chill mate, usually users around here complain about anything, it's always Microsoft's fault and not theirs. That's why I mentioned that maybe, maybe you didn't know exactly what happened, but it seems you do.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Christina Bellot