Time for a hard reset?

mrcraggle

May 31, 2012
Visit site
I've been using the dev preview since April and did a hard reset afterwards and I've had several updates since, including Cyan more recently. But using my 920 is now being a super frustrating experience, one that's making me consider alternate platforms. I don't want to leave Windows Phone but I'm so tired of seeing resuming..., loading... etc on a constant basis and it's just sooo slow. My phones battery also drains at an alarming rate (typically 20% or more an hour). I've tried turning e-mail to manual only and turning on battery saver from 100% and the battery still drains super fast. Does anyone think a hard reset will resolve this issues?

Darthbobcat

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
It could conceivably help.

There's also a level where the Dev Preview just tends to make phones more glitchy and laggy in general. I've dispensed with it on my Lumia 1020 and it was like night and day.

dpaynewp

May 28, 2014
Visit site
I didn't have much of a problem with the resuming, loading issue, however I did have battery drain issues with my L1020.

I chose to backup the phone and then perform a hard reset. However I did Not restore the backup. I chose to reinstall all my programs - yes, it took awhile (although not that bad), however the phone is buttery smooth, no load resume issues and the battery life is much much better.

One point on the loading, resume issue - be sure you don't have one of the beta lock screen apps, nothing but trouble.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnwilliam9750