Time for Microsoft to really push Band

DroidUser42

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
In the Windows environment, Wellograph, Surge etc are taking dollars that could/should be heading into MS' coffers.
I don't think MS cares. What they really want is multiple vendors feeding Health/HealtVault. While Apple might be somewhat successful, I with their limitation to the Apple ecosystem, I don't think they're even in that game.

ajayden

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
The right marketing for Microsoft would be to announce the global release of Microsoft Band, at the Build Conference thats coming up.

MikeX74

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
By the action on the stock market Apple stocks lost a lot of money after the announcement seems not many people were impressed with the watch. Guess it didn't go over to big on wall street. Seems it might be a flop

Since the stock always goes down after a keynote, I wouldn't use the current share price as an indicator of the Watch's potential success or failure.

mhc48

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I already saw a glossy TV commercial for the Apple watch last night. And two news stories and one radio piece talking about Apple watches interfacing with medical researchers on biomedical data collection. Who has seen any of these things concerning the Band?

Shad0wguy

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I already saw a glossy TV commercial for the Apple watch last night. And two news stories and one radio piece talking about Apple watches interfacing with medical researchers on biomedical data collection. Who has seen any of these things concerning the Band?

Because mass media has a hard-on for anything Apple. Plus the Band was somewhat hard to come by. Hopefully with the Bestbuy release it will get more publicity.

ALpHa.Q.RoUgH

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Isn't Microsoft in the market of trying to sell it's services and licensing to OEMs as a way to make money? I don't think Microsoft is really into the hardware market like Apple is. Microsoft has been primarily known for allowing OEMs to do their thing as long as it uses Microsoft services, hence why you now see Office on everything now from Microsoft all the way to iOS & Android.

mhc48

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Because mass media has a hard-on for anything Apple. Plus the Band was somewhat hard to come by. Hopefully with the Bestbuy release it will get more publicity.

Media intoxication with Apple does not go so far as them creating and buying air time for Apple Watch ads. The ad was created by Apple and the air time was bought by Apple. That's just marketing which Apple has always been far better at than MS. The news stories were as a result of press releases and press packets sent out by Apple. MS has done little to create awareness of Health Vault, probably most Windows Phone owners don't even know about it. Other than Starbucks, no other large companies have apps or features that interact with the Band. In most of the articles comparing sports and activity bands generally, MS's Band is lost in the miasma or left out entirely.

I love many of the things MS is doing lately and it is starting to get good press, but it isn't (effectively) putting cash into advertising and PR about its products.

MikeX74

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
Time for Microsoft to actually advertise it. It's kind of hard to sell something to the general public if they don't know it exists.

DroidUser42

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Little point in advertising something when there's no inventory. That tends to disappoint.

Why advertise when you keep selling out of the stock you have? Plus, MS Store isn't the best way to reach everyone. I think a nice media campaign to coincide with the availability in Best Buy would be the way to go. Let them know what it can do, now, for less, without switching to Apple. Give them something to reference the iWatch against.

In some ways the Band and iWatch are completely different things because there's such a big difference in functions. Time will tell who figured it out. Apple isn't perfect. They've had their failures.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
They should have started pushing before xmas last year and not just in the US but in Europe at least, with a steady roll out to other markets. This way they would have counter-acted Apple and made sure they didn't produce far too many units in one go.

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
They can't push it. The MS band does not exist. I can confirm have seen no evidence of it myself, and I have looked. Just myth and rumor.

That said, I have been told that whenever someone says 'I don't believe in the MS Band', somewhere an MS wearable dies.

jlzimmerman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
The fact that Best Buy is going to start carrying these tells me that MS has not been able to really get any OEM's on board with the technology/services they were touting by creating the Band. I hope I'm wrong.