Time zone support for Windows phone calendar app

RichardBurt

Banned
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I know this is a bit of a topic hijack but it does relate to the phone OS.

Time zone support within the calendar. IOS phones have had it for sometime now and it's about time Microsoft brought it to the phone (and tablet OS)

There is time zone support through Outlook.com but that is inconvenient when setting up appointments from the phone.

Add your support to User Voice for this feature: Support Time Zone entry for appointment times – Feature Suggestions for Windows Phone

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Would you please explain how you'd like this feature to work? I'm not sure I understand exactly what you are suggesting.

RichardBurt

Banned
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Would you please explain how you'd like this feature to work? I'm not sure I understand exactly what you are suggesting.

When entering an appointment through the calendar app there should be an extra option to change / set the time zone for that appointment time.

I travel regularly between the UK and Russia. As my phone tends to live on Moscow times, the start / end time for any appointments that I create for UK / Europe then change when I move to another time zone. Adding time zone support would end this problem.

The way I have to deal with cross-border appointments is to create the appointment via calendar in outlook.com which DOES support time zones.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
When entering an appointment through the calendar app there should be an extra option to change / set the time zone for that appointment time.

I travel regularly between the UK and Russia. As my phone tends to live on Moscow times, the start / end time for any appointments that I create for UK / Europe then change when I move to another time zone. Adding time zone support would end this problem.
That makes sense. It is not an issue for me, since I am an Office 365 subscriber, and my Microsoft Account syncs calendar and tasks with Office 365. As a result, the time zones are not a problem for me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes