Titan 2 screen

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Other than the size, is HTC using a different type of screen than in the Trophy? I played with a Titan 2 the other day and the screen seemed really crisp compared to my Trophy. I was quite impressed with the phone overall.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I am pretty sure it is the same screen as the HD7. The screen is pretty nice, there is nothing wrong with it. It isn't as premium as the iphone 4s, or even iphone 4 or any amoled screens. Still does a pretty good job. I am not sure if the HD7 and trophy share the same screen.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
The Trophy is only 3.8 inches, so it doesn't share with the other HTC phones. I know the Lumia 900 uses a different screen technology, I just wasn't sure about the Titan.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
It uses an SLCD screen. Same as the Ver2 HD7, that was released by AT&T. The HTC Surround, Trophy, Arrive and HD7 (T-Mobile) all used an LCD screen.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

Depauville Kid

May 28, 2012
Visit site
The only thing I don't understand when comparing the Titan II and the Lumia 900 is that so many people say they prefer the Lumia because they don't want such a big screen. I've seen that, read that, and heard that in at least a dozen reviews. THE PHONES ARE THE SAME SIZE!!! Why wouldn't you want the bigger screen if the two are so close in physical size. The Lumia just means there is more dead, wasted, space on the face of the phone. Where as the Titan II's screen practically goes corner to corner. So to say you don't want such a big screen is just a completely bogus reason to choose the Lumia.

Now, the Lumia certainly has its advantages, such as the screen technology. There's many other reasons why to choose the Lumia, but screen size just isn't one of them.

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
The only thing I don't understand when comparing the Titan II and the Lumia 900 is that so many people say they prefer the Lumia because they don't want such a big screen. I've seen that, read that, and heard that in at least a dozen reviews. THE PHONES ARE THE SAME SIZE!!! Why wouldn't you want the bigger screen if the two are so close in physical size. The Lumia just means there is more dead, wasted, space on the face of the phone. Where as the Titan II's screen practically goes corner to corner. So to say you don't want such a big screen is just a completely bogus reason to choose the Lumia.

Now, the Lumia certainly has its advantages, such as the screen technology. There's many other reasons why to choose the Lumia, but screen size just isn't one of them.

I think you still notice the difference. I actually used to feel that my Titan and Titan II's screen were just a tad too large, but after using the Lumia 900 at the Microsoft Store, I was like, "Hey this screen feels... smaller." Not annoying smaller, but the difference was enough for me to notice. I felt like my fingers didn't have to travel as far when typing.

So my thoughts now? I think a 4.5" screen would be perfect for me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)