TITAN At&t MMS issue solved

GekkoAce

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
One of my family member's TITANs was having issues receiving MMS. They would just get a message that said:

"Get media content now" as a link in an SMS.

I did a bit of searching and didn't find a good answer online besides "Reset the phone." So I wanted to post how we fixed it so that anyone else using Google for this problem will more easily find an answer.

- Go to the Marketplace and download an app from the HTC section called "Connection Setup"
- Open the app, select United States
- Select At&t
- Tap the check box at the bottum.

Samsung has a similar connection app in the Samsung Marketplace. IF you're havingissues on a Focus, try the same method with the Samsung app.

Major

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
I've seen that app, but I don't understand exactly what it does, so I haven't tried it. Can anyone explain what this app is for?

5tephen

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I was having the issue and the only thing that fixed it was a battery pull. Ran the connection setup app like 5 different times.

Sent from my TITAN using Board Express

gtg465x

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Anyone test network speeds before and after running the connection setup app? Would be nice if it changed the HSDPA category or APN settings a bit for better data speeds.

fkiehner

Jan 13, 2010
Visit site
Had same issue with media content. Called ATT and while I was on hold with their tech support, I came here and found this post. Tried at and it fixed my problem. Told ATT that when they came back on the line. They did not have that solution listed in their system, so hopefully now they do. Once again WPCENTRAL forums come thru.

Sent from my HTC Titan using Board Express

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
I have an unbranded/unlocked German GSM only HTC Trophy and running connection setup was necessary to set it up with AT&T.

Daedalus_T

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
I just ran into this issue. I did the connection setup bit, but that didn't fix anything (or at least, not on its own). My fix turned out to be to reenable cellular data instead of wifi only, and then the image downloaded correctly.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Had the issue earlier and for the Focus S and Omnia W, you need to download the Wireless Manager app. For the other Samsung devices, it is the Network Profile app.

I had to manually set it to AT&T 4G for it to work. I guess the 4G (HSPA+) devices use the newer one as it's a different apn. I think it's because my boy changed my plan from the iPhone data plan (that I was using with all my WP devices including Titan) until recent. Saw him pick the 4G Data plan option.

GekkoAce

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Had the issue earlier and for the Focus S and Omnia W, you need to download the Wireless Manager app. For the other Samsung devices, it is the Network Profile app.

I had to manually set it to AT&T 4G for it to work. I guess the 4G (HSPA+) devices use the newer one as it's a different apn. I think it's because my boy changed my plan from the iPhone data plan (that I was using with all my WP devices including Titan) until recent. Saw him pick the 4G Data plan option.

What are they charging you on your bill for the "4G" plan? Is it more? I thought I saw it was $35 instead of $25.

rbiasca

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
Same with me I had the cellular data turned off and it wouldn't download the media even with WiFi connection. Turned the Ata back on and it worked fine.

kaushikn

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
Fix on Sprint HTC Arrive for MMS "Get media content now" problem

I was having trouble getting the content. I had my data connection as well as the WiFi on. I was reluctant to go and download HTC Connection Setup, because the last time I did it, I had to reset my phone.

Here's what worked for me ...
1. Turn off WiFi
2. Turn off Data connection
3. Turn on Data connection

Seems like the MMS tried to download on the first available connection, and obviously, the data was not available over the internet via my WiFi connection. Turning off the WiFi and using the data connection only, might have ensured the right connection was used to download.

lp114

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
The HTC connection setup app just worked for me on my Titan II. Thanks so much have been trying to gget this issue fixed for weeks!

No way. This does not work for my HTC Titan II. It hasn't for 6 months already. I believe you mean a regular HTC Titan. HTC Titan II gives a Warning message and force quit when running this app

berrywr

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
The solution to solving this issue is to in fact use the HTC Connection Setup app. Once installed, scroll to Consumer Cellular; it is a MVNO of AT&T. Reboot your device. In Settings make sure the APN is blank all the way through. To send a MMS, it must be sent via cellular data, not wi-fi data. If you're hell bent sending MMS via data you're going to have to use Facebook as your alternative. It doesn't matter what your AT&T network service is as long as whatever it is you're using is compatible on their network. We use Straight Talk, worked perfect for us. I will admit from time to time I have to refresh the setting.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnwilliam9750