Tmobile 3g

kingp

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
late to the party...but,

As was mentioned before, T-Mobile is refarming their 3G spectrum from the 1700 AWS band, to the 1900 PCS band. This will allow any unlocked device, supporting the 1900 spectrum to get HSPA+ (if the device radio supports the +21, otherwise just regular HSPA).

The fact that someone got it in downtown Bellevue, isn't surprising considering T-Mobile is headquarted in Seattle. Logically, I would think they would start the refarm on their home turf and expand by market size after that.

Word on the street is that the spectrum refarm is supposed to be completed by late October, definitely by the start of 2013, as that is when T-Mobile begins deploying LTE on the 1700Mhz AWS band. More markets should begin seeing HSPA+ speeds over the coming months.

I was thinking about signing up with Red Pocket Mobile, because they're an MVNO that uses AT&T. My wife uses it on her Lumia 800 and gets HSPA+, but MMS doesn't work...so I guess I'll stick with T-Mobile EDGE until they refarm Nashville.

Chinocop

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
As was mentioned before, T-Mobile is refarming their 3G spectrum from the 1700 AWS band, to the 1900 PCS band. This will allow any unlocked device, supporting the 1900 spectrum to get HSPA+ (if the device radio supports the +21, otherwise just regular HSPA).

The fact that someone got it in downtown Bellevue, isn't surprising considering T-Mobile is headquarted in Seattle. Logically, I would think they would start the refarm on their home turf and expand by market size after that.

Word on the street is that the spectrum refarm is supposed to be completed by late October, definitely by the start of 2013, as that is when T-Mobile begins deploying LTE on the 1700Mhz AWS band. More markets should begin seeing HSPA+ speeds over the coming months.

I was thinking about signing up with Red Pocket Mobile, because they're an MVNO that uses AT&T. My wife uses it on her Lumia 800 and gets HSPA+, but MMS doesn't work...so I guess I'll stick with T-Mobile EDGE until they refarm Nashville.

The funny thing is that I live about 5 minutes away from T-Mobile's headquarters here in Bellevue, and I only get EDGE. Whereas downtown Bellevue is about 5 minutes away from T-Mobile headquarters. I wonder if the population density of downtown Bellevue is the reason why they're testing 3G there.

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site

Isn't the Nokia Network Setup app returning to the marketplace soon? I think it'll let you setup the proper settings for MMS.

Chinocop

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Everytime I head to downtown Bellevue, I'm consistently getting 3G. Now if they would only upgrade the frequency around my neighborhood.

Timothy Morano

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Reviving this thread... I have the lumia 800 rm-801. I'm going to have it activated in 2 days. Should I go with at&t or T-Mobile. I'm located basically in Philadelphia, pa

onysi

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
im wondering if this phone can get 3g now? I still want this phone because its small and stylish. and its cheap on ebay now. just curious if Tmobile did anything for the past year to support this.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb