To buy or to wait?

Dradzk

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
As an intro, I am currently in the market for a dvd/Blu-ray player, and was thinking of going for the extra capabilities of the xbox as cost isn't a big factor right now. Work has me spending a good deal of time away from home, and the places I stay usually seem to be lacking a dvd player. I have been a pc gamer and have never owned a consol, and the only game that really has any draw for me is Halo.

All that to ask, do you guys think it would be better to wait and see what hardware changes are coming next year, especially in size reduction? Or will the changes likely be fairly negligible and should I just save $50 while I can?

Thanks!

Posted via my HTC One (M7) or Surface Pro 3

erzhik

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
You can wait, but after and IF a slim versions comes out, are you going to question yourself if you should wait till next version of xbox? My suggestion, get it and sell it when a redesigned version comes out (if it comes out).

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Do you have any specific need for a smaller console? I wouldn't trade mine for a slim version unless it had some other signifigant differences (I guess mostly HDD size). My One is on a lot cos it's the center of the living room pretty much. I really like that the console is big with a huge fan, cos it leaves me more at peace about the cooling. It's also very quiet, sadly the power brick isn't exactly quiet (easily much louder than the Xbox itself at highest load).

I would personally try to go for that 1TB version (The Sunset Overdrive bundle I think) if I was to buy the console now. Slim version does nothing to interest me, unless I was looking at putting it somewhere with very limited space.

Dradzk

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
A smaller size would be nice just because of the extra portability in my particular situation.

Thanks for the advice, I'll probably be looking at sooner rather than later then.

Posted via my HTC One (M7) or Surface Pro 3

Tom87

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
I have doubts if a "slim" console will be released as the general size of the Xbox One (along with it's vast amount of vents) are owed to eliminating any similar problems the Xbox 360 had (overheating, RROD etc).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos