To those that say wp8 is dead...

Status
Not open for further replies.

inside man 55

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
See this page:

Windows Phone Jobs

No wonder, they want to do a bunch of things but they have a people shortage. Many of the jobs are recent.

Wish I could join Microsoft as a Sales guy, I push this platform (for free!) harder than anyone I know.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Thats like saying "The beatings will continue until morale improves!"

Anyway, WP dead? Who is saying that?
inside man 55 started a legitimate thread. If people wish to belong to this forum, they must follow the rules. Debate and discussion are welcome and encouraged. However, posts that do nothing but encourage negative responses and fighting are not allowed.

inside man 55

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Laura, I didn't realize you were a moderator lol, second, and thank you for maintaining the dignity of the forums (I wish I was here earlier to see what I missed).

inside man 55

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site

There is a perception among many users on this site that Microsoft is slow, unresponsive, uncommitted etc. Forget the mainstream media.

As true as that may or may not be (highly subjective) the fact is if Microsoft is willing to invest in so many people on the windows phone team means they are quite serious about making improvements. The pace of improvements may be due to a lack of people to code, test, and implement new features as well as lack of resources to implement bug fixes.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site

There is a perception among many users on this site that Microsoft is slow, unresponsive, uncommitted etc. Forget the mainstream media.

As true as that may or may not be (highly subjective) the fact is if Microsoft is willing to invest in so many people on the windows phone team means they are quite serious about making improvements. The pace of improvements may be due to a lack of people to code, test, and implement new features as well as lack of resources to implement bug fixes.

Yellow and green colored user names denote moderator and super moderator respectively. I couldn't agree more with your statement. There are more than enough people working on WP but it couldn't hurt to have even more people. I also think MS is working hard on the Xbox music sync issues as the sync clients have received several updates and have gotten better each time.

d_abbatelli

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site

What you say is totally right... But dammit, couldn't they do it a little bit earlier???
It's universally known since years that "the mobile is the future" and all those banalities... Microsoft already realized it long after Apple and Google, and ok...
But come on, after years WP is around, they still didn't realize that they need to invest on it all they can?

inside man 55

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
But come on, after years WP is around, they still didn't realize that they need to invest on it all they can?

I had a long, rambling post ready...then the app crashed. Lol

Short answer is they have known about the threat for a while, dismissed it, saw it eat into their core businesses, worried about it, slowly changed course with windows 8, and are now moving ahead based on a touch based future.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site

Yellow and green colored user names denote moderator and super moderator respectively. I couldn't agree more with your statement. There are more than enough people working on WP but it couldn't hurt to have even more people. I also think MS is working hard on the Xbox music sync issues as the sync clients have received several updates and have gotten better each time.

I'm one of the normal moderators. As in, one of the daffodils. But I'm looking forward to seeing what they pull off with it. They could probably do with about 1'000'000'000 more people working on it though! Make their OS the OS to be! Or am I just daydreaming now?

Malcolm Clement

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I say hire 3 people for every position and let them fight it out... see who puts out the better work within a reasonable time frame and let the other two go!

Bartdog

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
I say hire 3 people for every position and let them fight it out... see who puts out the better work within a reasonable time frame and let the other two go!
heh, like in the Dark Knight when the Joker breaks the pool cues and says we're having... tryouts.

Seriously, though, my perception isn't that MS isn't working hard enough. The product placement and advertising are enough to convince me they're in it for the long haul. What bugs me is third parties saying they 'have no plans' to support WP.

inside man 55

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I am shutting down this thread, with testing of gdr2 going on, gdr3 coming, and then blue for the holidays I hope no one thinks things won't get better and market share won't increase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo