To Turn On Hidden Calander & Clock

Praxius

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
Here?s How To Turn On Windows 10?s New, Hidden Calendar And Clock
Here?s How To Turn On Windows 10?s New, Hidden Calendar And Clock | TechCrunch

"I presume by now that if you are a Windows kid, you are using the newest build of the Windows 10 operating system, the recently released 9926 edition.

If you are, go ahead and select the clock in the lower right corner of your screen. It looks slightly mundane, does it not? I thought so. What if it could look like this (Image via Brad Sams):

It?s not hard to turn on. I even managed it in one go. Here?s what to do:
■ Open Regedit.exe

■ Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ImmersiveShell

■ Right click and select New ? > DWORD (32-bit) and call it UseWin32TrayClockExperience with no spaces, exactly as written.

Now, click on the clock once more and, voil?, you have the new goods. The market is still-stress testing the new build, but given the existence of the above still-hidden tools, it seems that more goodies are not too far away.

If you are not using Windows 10 yet, keep in mind that the operating system is still quite young when it comes to polish. You might not want to make it your daily driver. That said, as a long-time Windows user and fan of Windows 7, the new Windows 10 build feels quite a lot like ?classic? Windows, but with more, and not in a way that have found irksome. Your mileage will vary.

Microsoft is expected to release at least one more preview of Windows 10, likely aimed at developers, in coming months"
-----------------------
I tried to fix up the above but the posting on here on a Windows Phone via Internet Explorer is ironically finicky.

Anyways, hope some will find this interesting. Found this through Cortana's Windows New Feed.

Praxius

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
Looking in my reg and there was no other existing DWORD file in that location. Just an existing REG_SZ file.

I can only assume that other DWORD file you wrote over was from another custom setting you placed in there for something else, or from another program. The system I checked was originally a Win8.1 system that was upgrade yesterday to Win10. Nothing else was done to it regarding the registry.

Praxius

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
Yeah I know. I was trying to help Darkest.White with his/her problem.

Added:
So I did the above instructions and I see no difference in the clock or calendar. Anybody get this to work?

darkest.white

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Looking in my reg and there was no other existing DWORD file in that location. Just an existing REG_SZ file.

I can only assume that other DWORD file you wrote over was from another custom setting you placed in there for something else, or from another program. The system I checked was originally a Win8.1 system that was upgrade yesterday to Win10. Nothing else was done to it regarding the registry.

Hmmm, very Interesting. Mine said something to do with a clock interface when I went in there and it wasn't me who added it either! Oh well I guess lmao if you don't have it in there guess its fine :p

Thanks by the way!

darkest.white

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I know. I was trying to help Darkest.White with his/her problem.

Added:
So I did the above instructions and I see no difference in the clock or calendar. Anybody get this to work?

I fixed it up and it worked for myself! Maybe double check spell?

I would suggest to delete the key you made, and reread the instruction from the start just to double check things

Tyler Swindell

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
It's huge on desktops...I don't understand why what they are designing now doesn't compensate for desktops at all. I thought the point of that event was to show off the new design and everything but why would they start designing something for tablet screens. I thought it was supposed to adapt based on what form factor PC you had. It obviously isn't doing that.

The reason I keep preaching this in my posts is not to be ignorant but because I want people to hear me and voice this opinion too so Microsoft listens before RTM because I'm worried they might not. It's just too big lol.

Praxius

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
Darkest.White, I figured out your problem. The previous DWORD file that you wrote over was "UseActionCenterExperience"

I also figured out why it didn't work for me. I created the new file in the Microsoft root directory, rather than going further into Windows\CurrentVersion\ImmersiveShell

The copy paste into these forums had a mess up and I only had instructions up to Microsoft.

So the actual reg directory the file needs to go into is:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\ Windows\CurrentVersion\ImmersiveShell

darkest.white

May 12, 2013
Visit site
It's huge on desktops...I don't understand why what they are designing now doesn't compensate for desktops at all. I thought the point of that event was to show off the new design and everything but why would they start designing something for tablet screens. I thought it was supposed to adapt based on what form factor PC you had. It obviously isn't doing that.

The reason I keep preaching this in my posts is not to be ignorant but because I want people to hear me and voice this opinion too so Microsoft listens before RTM because I'm worried they might not. It's just too big lol.

Personally I don't think its too big. I mean its a decent size, I like it. And I mean if you wanna see the calendar you want to SEE the calendar. However I using it on a 40", so maybe the scaling is different for that

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb