Touch screen failing

Thisis_ugo

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
My friend gave me a L520 that the windows button only works well when the back cover is removed. When the back cover is placed back, the touch buttons have to be pressed hard to operate. He said he has changed screens 3-4 times on no avail. Warranty is not am option. Does anyone have a clue. Pls😊

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
This definitely sounds like a hardware fault. Can you get Nokia to replace it (outside of warranty - so you'd have to pay for the repair)?

Alternatively you might be able to get a different 520 for about $50 or so. I'm not sure getting lower quality replacements would fix this problem.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
It could be the digitizer not recognizing the press or it could be something more serious on the phone circuit board not registering the presses when the back is on but to get an accurate diagnosis I would try Nokia.

Hik2

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
I have the exact same problem. I dropped the phone and cracked my screen. Replaced it with a $10 screen from ebay. I also have problems with the bottom 3 buttons after the replacement. I thought it was due to the cheap screen (which is still a possibility). After reading this thread I took off the back cover and the buttons worked. I'll play with it some more, but if anyone finds a solution - please post it.

Hik2

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
I tried a new cover without success and putting some cardboard inside the cover to add pressure also without success. It's apparently an electronic problem, the culprit being the cheap screen I used. Anyone who needs to replace a digitizer shouldn't try to save the few bucks and buy the original.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kasha963