Touchscreen response speed of lumia 620 is slower than my old lumia 710

kevinn206

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
View attachment 27684
If the "Screen magnifier" is turn on, the response speed will become much slower. On other WP8 phones like 920 or 820, if you turn off the Screen magnifier, the touchscreen response speed would be OK. But it is useless on 620. Maybe the screen magnifier was turned on on phones you tested. I had tested htc 8s, which had the similar hardware. And the htc 8s is OK.

I never realized this. My Lumia 920 is "slow" to the initial scrolling gesture. There's an perceptible delay in the slide of my finger and the scrolling initiation. Once the scrolling is in motion, then everything is smooth and response. Apparently, this setting was ON. After turning it OFF, the scrolling is much better now. My brother who used my phone briefly made the same comment about the initial delay, and I told him the WP7.5 scrolling response was super smooth. It was annoyed thinking that MS need to optimize WP8 some more.

anon5658834

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
On January 5, I bought my new lumia 620. It's beautiful, I love it very much. :grin:But I very very disappoint the response speed of touchscreen.:crying: If I move my finger on the screen, the tiles not move immediately. It will start moving about 0.3 seconds later. If I do this on my old lumia 710, tiles will start moving immediately. The response speed of touchscreen of lumia 710 is much more faster the lumia 620. I have tested this on several other lumia 620 phones, all of them are just the same. I think there is some problem on the firmware of lumia 620. The response speed of touchscreen of lumia 620 shoud be faster than lumia 710, because the hardware of lumia 620 is much more powerful than lumia 710. But in fact, it is much more slower. There are several other lumia 620 fans complained this problem on the Chinese lumia phone forum (Windows Phone). I had wrote a letter to nokia, and hope the firmware updates in the future could solve this problem. I had tested the htc 8s, and the htc 8s didn't had this problem. Any other guys have this problem? :cry:Sorry for my poor English.

I had the same issue when I played with one in an O2 store today. I uploaded a video of it in the Lumia 620 review in forums on here. Very slow response on the scrolling and it wasn't my swiping

hbxntsxw

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
I never realized this. My Lumia 920 is "slow" to the initial scrolling gesture. There's an perceptible delay in the slide of my finger and the scrolling initiation. Once the scrolling is in motion, then everything is smooth and response. Apparently, this setting was ON. After turning it OFF, the scrolling is much better now. My brother who used my phone briefly made the same comment about the initial delay, and I told him the WP7.5 scrolling response was super smooth. It was annoyed thinking that MS need to optimize WP8 some more.

920 is OK, but useless on 620, annoying.

Last edited:

hbxntsxw

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
I had the same issue when I played with one in an O2 store today. I uploaded a video of it in the Lumia 620 review in forums on here. Very slow response on the scrolling and it wasn't my swiping

I think Nokia should do something to fix it in the future. I had tried the HTC 8s, and it's OK.

stokietom

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I wanted to buy this phone, but this issue is the only thing that's putting me off from doing so.

Has anyone tried turning the magnifier off as suggested? Does doing that fix it?

Also, is this problem likely to be hardware or software related?

Many thanks.

stokietom

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I got my Lumia 620 today guys.

I did notice that when you scroll up and down, their is a very slight delay. It's in the micro-seconds and isn't really noticeable at all, however my 610 doesn't have this problem. The 610 is instant.

Is this a hardware issue or is it more something to do with Windows Phone 8? Is it nothing to worry about?

Thanks.

TheLuminis620

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
There is a very, very slight delay but once you notice it, you will notice it. But if you don't notice it, you won't notice it... So far, two weeks already I think that I'm free of any of the well-known multitouch issue and all seems to be fine.

TheLuminis620

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Yep, I really hope the next update will bring a fix to this thing. It's not that I'm too bothered about it because it's barely noticeable but surely it will be nice for it to be fixed :)

Tiwo

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
There is a very, very slight delay but once you notice it, you will notice it. But if you don't notice it, you won't notice it... So far, two weeks already I think that I'm free of any of the well-known multitouch issue and all seems to be fine.

Dude! I'm happy for you :D! One less issue to worry about, eh? ;)

TheLuminis620

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Dude! I'm happy for you :D! One less issue to worry about, eh? ;)

Haha! Yeah, thanks mate. Yep, one less issue to worry about definitely, hopefully it won't ever come again. Now my issue seems to be the white back cover getting really dirty. Looking for a spare cover now. ;)

Tiwo

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Haha! Yeah, thanks mate. Yep, one less issue to worry about definitely, hopefully it won't ever come again. Now my issue seems to be the white back cover getting really dirty. Looking for a spare cover now. ;)

Haha guess I'll get that issue too. Let's wait for the Nokia shells/covers to come out ;).

Tiwo

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Meh I'm not going to buy a case or whatever at all :). The phone has to be shown in its full pride and joy! I'll wait for the shells to come out ^^

TheLuminis620

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
I'd like to buy the lumia 620 white ... Yellowish ? Really ? ... Maybe the black one is better ... I don't know which one choose

I mean, it turns yellow only on the part where I frequently hold the phone. The rest are fine. It's just that the material itself seems to be easy to get all the dirt on. If you're worried about it getting dirty, get a Black one or Lime Green which is glossy so chances of getting dirt on it is pretty slim. If you still want to get a white one, get a case for it ;)

hbxntsxw

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
I wanted to buy this phone, but this issue is the only thing that's putting me off from doing so.

Has anyone tried turning the magnifier off as suggested? Does doing that fix it?

Also, is this problem likely to be hardware or software related?

Many thanks.

Turn the magnifier off is useless on 620. I think it's a software problem, may be Nokia will fix it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte