Track WP8.1 + Lumia Cyan Rollout!

Lance_WPCentral

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
Why is it still under testing for India I don't understand. Here we do not depend on carriers at all. Why the hell MS is still holding the switch god only knows !!

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Why is it still under testing for India I don't understand. Here we do not depend on carriers at all. Why the hell MS is still holding the switch god only knows !!

First of all MS is not at all hell. They don't want to send half baked updates , specially firmware updates. (Forget developer Preview updates , I am talking about firmware updates here ). You do know that firmware updates play a major role in every smartphones. They are testing cyan firmwares for each and every windows phone devices (are purse only for Lumia windows phone 8 devices )so the reason why it says UNDER TESTING.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Now all users no need to head out for this thread u can track from official nokia website itself....
Mods its time to close this thread...

Software update for Nokia Lumia with Windows Phone 8 - Nokia

Nope. This thread is handy since there are many users who will be posting and informing if the update is available is available for their device/region. Nokia page does not refresh automatically. It might take some time to show as available when the update is out.

Lance_WPCentral

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
First of all MS is not at all hell. They don't want to send half baked updates , specially firmware updates. (Forget developer Preview updates , I am talking about firmware updates here ). You do know that firmware updates play a major role in every smartphones. They are testing cyan firmwares for each and every windows phone devices (are purse only for Lumia windows phone 8 devices )so the reason why it says UNDER TESTING.

Himanshu, if MS has already released the update to the carriers, it means testing has been completed by MS at their end for the firmware as well. Why would MS half test the update and send it to the carriers ?

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Himanshu, if MS has already released the update to the carriers, it means testing has been completed by MS at their end for the firmware as well. Why would MS half test the update and send it to the carriers ?

As far as I know Nokia (Microsoft ) does not test the updates for carriers , instead they handover the firmware to different carriers to test out for their current mobiles. Since peeps se bound with carrier contracts , they control over the updates (firmware update as one can get the OS updates from Microsoft developer preview program ). If you talk about India , they have to test out the firmware for each and every Lumia windows phone 8 devices in order to give user a satisfaction that they are getting a proper update from their device.

OJJE

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
Windows Phone 8.1 / Lumia Cyan for Nokia Lumia 625 here in Sweden got released today! I'm currently downloading the update as we speak!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shubhammalva