Track WP8.1 + Lumia Cyan Rollout!

Tinkerdog

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Quote from Tinkerdog back on Nov 10, 2014....

<I see where this is the latest news..... " MetroPCS Lumia 521 is the latest to receive Windows <Phone 8.1 and Cyan" MetroPCS Lumia 521 is the latest to receive Windows Phone 8.1 and Cyan | <Windows Central

<Appears the might Verizon just got bested by the lowliest of competitors.

<How embarrassing.

<I dunno.... we might see the update AFTER Black Friday..... AFTER Verizon sells a ton of new <phones with 8.1 and Cyan on them already.... THEN they might toss us a bone and release the <update..... you KNOW THEY have had that update ready to go for months and are sitting on it... <THEY don't give a rats *** about us previous windows phone owners.....

Well, well, well..... guess who was right after all???? Except that they threw us a curve ball, and gave us Denim instead !! I had given up on Verizon, and was in Costco on Monday when my phone gave me an alert.. .. checked it and I had an update.... so, I guess it was a DP update and let it ride..... checked it later and I had upload arrows on my Signal Strength icons.... CYAN?? so I check the About and it was DENIM ??? I almost fell over !!! So THAT is why they were so silent.... going to make a jump from Black to Denim in one swoop! And so far, it works great on my 822.

Verizon, next time, please be up front with us and tell us what is going on..... Yes, you got the jump on the rest of the carriers, but you left a bitter-sweet taste in the Windows Phone users mouths !!!!

camerondx1

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
My Verizon 928 updated automatically a little while ago and is showing that I have Denim in the about section; I almost didn't notice the change because I had been using the developer preview. My question is, is this the official Denim, or do I still need to downgrade back to 8.0 and then upgrade again? I ask because I just had a strange issue where my phone became frozen on the lock screen and completely unresponsive to the point where even the soft-reset buttons weren't working, but I could still hear text message notifications and the sound it makes when you plug it in to charge. Eventually the soft reset worked and it's fine now, but I thought that was very strange. Might be completely unrelated, but I figured I'd ask.

BigPhillyB

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
I'm from Portugal and have a Lumia 920.
I have checked every tracker about the Cyan Update and everywhere says that it has been released in Portugal to all operators and I still haven't got the update or notification about the update to Cyan! :shocked:

Do I have to do it "manually" or am I missing something?!
Is there anybody who has a 920 and can help me updating mine to Cyan?

Thank You! :wink:

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I'm from Portugal and have a Lumia 920.
I have checked every tracker about the Cyan Update and everywhere says that it has been released in Portugal to all operators and I still haven't got the update or notification about the update to Cyan! :shocked:

Do I have to do it "manually" or am I missing something?!
Is there anybody who has a 920 and can help me updating mine to Cyan?

Thank You! :wink:

What about Denim, please don't tell me you're stuck on Amber or Black?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zahrajooon1254