Track WP8.1 + Lumia Cyan Rollout!

CB Stuart

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
I have a Lumia icon on Verizon. I just got off the phone with a Verizon rep who said the icon should have the update by today. I don't have it yet, but then he said it will most likely be out for us by the end of the month. Of course, this is not what I'm relying on. In October, a sales rep told me that I would have the update y the end of that month. No luck. So, keep a watch for the update for those of u on Verizon and post on this thread as soon as you can get it.

OwenDL

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
He said TODAY? Honestly I'm wondering if they're not just sick of people asking and throw out that answer just to get us out of their hair. I'd love it if it was true, but I'm not gonna get my hopes up.

CB Stuart

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
Actually OwenDL, my friends mom has an icon that got an update today. He doesn't know yet if it was cyan because she had gone to bed. But if what the Verizon rep said is true, then icon users will have cyan in the next week. They can't push the update to everyone at once or the network would die, so they release it in stages. So just keep watch over the next few days.

primortal

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I have a Lumia icon on Verizon. I just got off the phone with a Verizon rep who said the icon should have the update by today. I don't have it yet, but then he said it will most likely be out for us by the end of the month. Of course, this is not what I'm relying on. In October, a sales rep told me that I would have the update y the end of that month. No luck. So, keep a watch for the update for those of u on Verizon and post on this thread as soon as you can get it.
People please stop asking VZW support. They are utterly clueless and constantly giving out contradicting information.

Plus if the update was released then this page, Availability in North America - Nokia would have been updated.

awilliams1701

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
1) It comes from Microsoft not Verizon. 2) I think Wifi is required for the update. 3) Windows Phone has a tiny marketshare.
So I don't see how it would affect the network.

Actually OwenDL, my friends mom has an icon that got an update today. He doesn't know yet if it was cyan because she had gone to bed. But if what the Verizon rep said is true, then icon users will have cyan in the next week. They can't push the update to everyone at once or the network would die, so they release it in stages. So just keep watch over the next few days.

awilliams1701

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
It is now, but this site displayed the update before the Microsoft page did. I don't recall if this tweet is before or after the page was updated. I just know it took a couple of days for that page to be updated with the T-Mobile availability.

Interesting, Joe B tweeted,

CB Stuart

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
It is now, but this site displayed the update before the Microsoft page did. I don't recall if this tweet is before or after the page was updated. I just know it took a couple of days for that page to be updated with the T-Mobile availability.

Are you saying that it is out or not?

awilliams1701

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Its out for everyone except Verizon. Some phones will not get the update anyway (810, Cricket's 520). All I was trying to say is that site is the last to get updated not the first. When T-Mobile released it, that site said "Under Testing". Someone else said you can use that site to see if its available or not, and I was just trying to point out the fact that there appears to be a delay between availability and the site saying its available.

Are you saying that it is out or not?

CB Stuart

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
Its out for everyone except Verizon. Some phones will not get the update anyway (810, Cricket's 520). All I was trying to say is that site is the last to get updated not the first. When T-Mobile released it, that site said "Under Testing". Someone else said you can use that site to see if its available or not, and I was just trying to point out the fact that there appears to be a delay between availability and the site saying its available.

Ok thanks for clearing that up. I was just a little unclear of what exactly you were saying.

CB Stuart

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
Sorry for the wrong information everyone. I called Verizon again and they said that the 8.1/Cyan update has been pushed back indefinitely. We may not get it ever.

awilliams1701

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
And this is exactly why I'm now on AT&T with a 1520.3. The really awesome part is that I have options. I can pick the latin firmware or the AT&T firmware if there are ever any issues. Currently I'm on Cyan with the native latin firmware. Verizon phones don't have this option and never will as long as CDMA is around.

Sorry for the wrong information everyone. I called Verizon again and they said that the 8.1/Cyan update has been pushed back indefinitely. We may not get it ever.

primortal

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Personally I would take this with a grain of salt. Unless you call them several times a day and get the same answer then I would be worried.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheStivo